Green

The walls of the fire station were green. The voices She heard were green. Every color in the room was such a bright happy feeling. Josse wanted it gone. She didn't like the colors around her. Her home had dull colors. These bright ones were so distant, it's like if she tried to grab them they would disappear. She hated this, she hated unnatural things.

This room, these voices, the walls, the people. They were all so different, so new to Josse. Too new for the young girl. It wasn't long until she began to cry. Tears just came she couldn't stop them. Terror is automatic the choice to show fear is not always ours to decide. You never want to scream when something pops. It's all automatic.

The same man lets go of her gentle grasp. He looks at her the purple of his sympathetic thoughts, only getting to become a darker color as she cried.

They walk. They walk to a building. Naturally Josse is curious. She walks in behind the man. Other kids are in the place. They were coloring. The colors were so mixed here. Some children had such bright ideas and words. Others, had given up all hope.

Their thoughts red. Red isn't all anger. Red thoughts and Red words are different. Red is just Fustration, it's just when patience and hope leaves your mind. It has to leave something right? It leaves Fustration and confusion.

Josse isn't much to talk. She likes to take in the world around her. She loves the colors that people speak with, she loves their various hair styles. Everything is already so perfect why ruin it by adding the dull yellow voice she has. Every words she says seems to crumble with uncertainty.

She steps in with a new woman.

"Hello Josse I'm Carrie. This is your new home for now okay?" The Orphange Lady now known to Josse as Carrie, said.

"Okay." I whispered quietly in reply.

She takes Josse through the whole place. She sees the kitchen, The Libary, and Most importantly, her bed. Her room has pastel blue walls. It has a dresser and small wooden desk. It's small, quiet and perfect to Josse.

"You don't share a room yet Josse," Carrie Begins. "Soon you may have another little girl, but for now you don't" Carrie looked to Josse carefully and said "Go on look around and unpack. I need to attend to my work." Carrie rambled incoherent things about Papers to fill and a room to clean.

Josse was alone in the room and suddenly it felt larger. When the lady left it felt as if her presence had made the room so much smaller. It wasn't dark, it was well lit by a lamp in a corner. Josse is soft rain. So sudden yet so gentle. The slow falling rain gave you a sense of trust that there will be no lightning, no strong winds to stir the fallen leaves of autumn. At the same time however, deep in your mind you know that storm could easily grow.

This is how everyone thinks of Josse. She is that calm storm. So unpredictable, yet at the same time. Josse is trusted. She could tell you the sky fell and make you believe it with just a few small sentences. Josse was truly charismatic in some ways.

She turned to the desk. Josse cautiously places her curious hand on the soft oak wood desk. Gently as if it was glass her hand grazed the fine smooth wood. Towards the middle of the desk, there were prominent lines of pencil marks. This desk was for writing.

Josse loves color as I have said before. She sees them in everyone and every room she walks into. Laughs were slashes of the intangible colors. The colors laughter uses are so beautiful. Yet gone too soon. Tears were just as colorful as laughter. Both emotions so different, yet so similar. Tears have a wide range of colors. Some are Purple some are gray some are wild ambient greens and pinks. Pain is always red. Yet every now and then a flicker of pink flashes through someone's pain. Josse always brushed that off it wasn't her business why someone was slightly happy to be hurting.

Josse liked to wonder about things that weren't concerning her. It's a blessing and a curse.

After she was done admiring the worn and soft desk, she began to step to the dresser. The dresser was tall. It felt like it would fall right on the small little girl Josse was. Gentle rain as quiet as Josse is easily canceled out by a larger force.

That's why when Carrie came in to check on her. Josse stopped wondering about the tall wardrobe. She stopped thinking about The soft blue of her distant mother's voice.

"Just came in to tell you dinner is in 20 minutes. I suggest you hurry or there will be nothing left." Carrie warns her as she steps out the room.

Josse hears Mrs. Carrie's footsteps. They are loud like thunder Everytime her heels collide with the floor. It feels like lighting flashes through Josse Everytime she feels Carrie Step. Yet, it's calming to Josse. Tells you you're alive, that she's still above the black ocean that threatens every orphans hope of getting out of here.

Josse feels nothing. Josse sees everything. Maybe Josse can't multiply. Oh, but she sure can divide good from bad. It's written in their voices. It's plastered on the walls. They all scream the same message to a scared child who is unfamiliar with a new place. When children are left alone the walls warn them. All the walls warn her to Run.

She knows the walls are quiet. She believes in their careful and observant silence. Josse knows it's her own naive mind telling her that walls talk. It just seems like they do. All the time she feels like they talk to her. Whispering quietly and gently, like soft puddles flickering in the rain. Josse hates to be alone. Josse refuses the sad feeling that washes over her when she's left to her own devices.

She carefully shifts her weight as she sits on her bed. "It's not scary if I speak to the walls." She reassures herself that the darkness of her room is nothing but absence of light.

She sleeps. She forgets the dinner after today's events she was too exhausted to eat. So she didn't. She slept. As she fell asleep it felt as if the rain pouring through her veins had stopped. The sun had cleared all the clouds in her mind as she welcomed the darkness of sleep envelope her. Soft dreams are always sprinkled in.

******

Hello my skies <3 how's this for slightly longer aye? Word count : 1137

Hope you enjoyed! Till next time

- Jamie