Staring

Josse quietly looked at the man, he mirrored her emotions as he stared back. Josse's green eyes flitted up to meet the man's. She waited for some kind of introduction, a way to prove he should be allowed to come in.

As if Josse's silent request for an introduction was answered, the man spoke.

"Hello I'm Marcus." He decided to go for something formal. He shook his hands nervously as he waited for a response from the Brown haired child.

"Are you here for Tyler?" Marcus was confused for a moment as he took a step back. Tyler must have told her I'm coming over. After this realization Marcus regained his previous position as if nothing happened.

"Yeah, is he home?" Marcus asked Josse as he peeked inside.

"Y-yeah in here." Josse managed to say, stuttering.

With that Josse opened the door wider. The gentle creaking of the old hinges as it was pulled back made Josse flinch a little. Such an odd sound. Marcus turned to Josse as if waiting for her to show him where Tyler is.

Josse looked at the expectant man before nodding in understanding of his silent request. She motioned with her hand for him to follow her.

When they stepped into the living room where Tyler was still asleep, Josse silently pressed her finger to her lip, telling Marcus to stay quiet.

He stared at Tyler in his sleep. He's not open about it but, he has a crush on Tyler Oakley. Marcus keeps staring at the rising and falling of the lavender hair boy's chest. He knows that Tyler feels the same way. They want to stay friends. Nothing more.

Josse watched the man carefully as he stared at Tyler, she watched him slip away into his mind as her feet swayed from side to side, rocking her as she stood.

Marcus just kept staring, his mind was turning pale blue as he kept thinking. Josse decided to call him back from his trance-like state. But how?

"Why are you staring at him like that?" She decided to say.

Marcus jerked his head at the sound of Josse's soft, questioning voice. It snapped him back to reality. Now he has to answer her. Or maybe I don't?

Josse went back to the kitchen to play as she was before the doorbell had rung. Marcus looked around the living room, before just sighing and going to the kitchen as well. I'll just go ahead and make a healthy dinner before Tyler orders takeout. He laughed a little to himself at his own joke as he walked into the green walls of the small kitchen.

  Josse kept her eyes on the task at hand, molding the blue doh to make an ocean for a not yet made little boat to sail on. She could feel that Marcus was in the room as she felt the pastel red presence of him in the room.

"Hello again." Josse said, still refusing to look up at Marcus.

"Hey, just gonna make dinner, do you know if you're staying for dinner?" Marcus still had no idea why she was here, but he decided just to treat the situation as if it was normal as he began to look in the fridge for the ingredients he would need.

Josse stayed quiet as she stopped coloring. How long am I staying? She had a million thoughts at once. All of them play round and round in her head. The worst part? She could hear them all at the same time. Before she knew it, one of the thoughts had escaped into the world as words.

"Why do parents fight?" Josse didn't mean to say it, but there the question was. Floating in the air as Marcus tensed up at the sound of her voice.

"O-oh? I uh," Marcus stuttered as he looked at the little girl from the other end of Tyler's kitchen.

She quietly turned back to her play-doh scene as she waited for Marcus to answer her accidental question. Problem was Marcus didn't have an answer for her. Maybe if I'm quiet she'll forget? It was a pathetic and intolerant idea but, it just might work right?

  As she hears the water running she knows Marcus is busy at the task at hand. She giggles when she realizes he avoided her bold question. Her laugh was enough for Marcus to lift his head up and look for the source. He was startled by the sound until he looked at Josse's smile and remembered he's not alone right now.

  He decided to put down the fruits he was washing to give company to the little girl as she was making a ocean out of light blue play-doh. He couldn't help but smile when she sighed in frustration about how the waves weren't perfect.

  Marcus pushed up his glasses and sat down in the chair beside her.

"You do know oceans are a darker blue right?" He laughed as he began to take off the lid of the dark Bluetooth play-doh and rolled it in his hands. Josse blushed a little as she stuttered to say a comeback.

"I- I knew that." Josse muttered realizing she wasn't gonna win no matter what she says.

Marcus just smiles as he makes her a dark blue ocean instead. Josse scoffs and reaches for the brown play-doh to make the boat. Marcus liked playing with kids. He loved how bright their wild minds are. How creatively crazy their ideas are, just so abstract they can convince you it just might work.

That's why when Josse made a boat for the ocean, Marcus was just as convinced that it would float. He's knows that is a crazy thought, it's just clay, but Marcus wishes he could forget that as he sees her eyes light up. He wouldn't remind her this is fake, he hopes she already knows.

"The boat would sail, and it would see the world Marcus. It could go to France or Oh, Australia." Josse said as she wondered about the little clay boat.

"Oh you are something else Josse." Marcus laughed at her crazy ideas, as he placed her boat-like play-doh model on the fake water.

Nothing happened when the two molds stuck together to Marcus, but Josse picked it up and walked to different counters she made each counter its own.

"Now the boat is on the shore of America. It has went everywhere in the world" She giggled as she put the boat back in it original place. Which happened to be next to a very amused Marcus.

  Maybe the world is calm. Maybe.

************
hey skies! Again thanks for reading, I love you all my Smol beans.