Chapter 18

“This time, my guardian’s going to kill you,” Angelica spat as Mr. Scarred Face walked toward her, his face too oily you could fry your breakfast on it. “He won’t like it when he finds out,” she warned, taking a step back.

“Your guardian is not near,” Mr. Scarred Face said with the same menacing voice he had the last time.

“There are a lot of people here,” she told him, her eyes silently calculating the distance to the door. “If you as much as take me outside, you’ll be dead.”

“Who said we’re taking you outside?” he said, an evil look lighting up his eyes. “You should have killed us when you got the chance, sweetheart.”

“I’ll kill you now if you give me that,” she uttered the words with rage. “I swear I’m going to kill you!”

“Let me have her, boss,” Mr. Black Guy said, stepping forward.

“Oh, yeah, let him,” Angelica said with a chuckle. “How are your balls, big guy?”

Rage rose up Mr. Black Guy’s face, his nostrils flaring. “Let me have her!” he cried once again.

“Calm down,” Mr. Scarred Face said, his lips twitching. “You’re still as loud as the last time,” he told her, stepping forward.

“I can be louder if you touch me,” she warned, her hand going at the back pocket of her jeans. She punched the only button she could think of and she prayed Henry would get it. He was on her fast dial and time was all she had to have before he came to the rescue.

Mr. Scarred Face grabbed her hand too strongly that she cringed. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing, just about to text a friend that I met some kidnappers inside a freaking bathroom,” she snapped at him, leaning her head away from him. “God, you stink, you know that? You’re in a tropical country and you should have taken a bath.”

She received a really powerful slap for that. “Shut up!” he hissed down at her.

“One,” she said, spitting out blood. “You’ll receive a really good gut-wrenching punch from my guardian with every slap you give me,” she stated furiously. “And he’s not a very forgiving man, you know.”

Mr. Scarred Face pulled her roughly against him, his stinking smell running up her nostrils that Angelica cringed further away. Mr. Black guy moved from the door with purposeful strides and in his hand he held a gun with a silencer attached to it. Angelica felt the fear striking in now.

What’s keeping Henry?

  *****

The two other guys standing by the door outside the bathroom was what was keeping him from going in after Angelica. They were not able to spot him yet, thank the people around the area for that.

He couldn’t use force and that would be stupid. Calling security would take a lot of time, so there was only one option left. He didn’t have any idea what was happening inside, but he knew Angelica was in trouble. He placed his phone back inside his pocket and ran to the nearest solution he could think of.

The fire alarm.

People were busy with their own thing and no one saw him break the glass and pulled the lever. The sound echoed everywhere and there was a momentary pause as people tried to recognize the alarm, and when they did, panic rose up everywhere. Everyone ran toward the exit and he fought his way back to the bathroom. The two men standing by were at a loss, their faces obviously alarmed as well. He took his chance and grabbed the bald guy first by the hand. He used their surprise to his advantage by kicking the other man in the gut that sent him flying toward the mob. He sliced his hand against the nape of the bald guy and threw him to where the first guy was in the midst of the panicking crowd.