Chapter 27

“Henry!” Cassandra’s face was not at all surprised as she had feigned it to be. He knew she was expecting him, the amusement on her face was apparent.

“Cassandra,” he said as a greeting, nodding his head. “Where is she?”

Cassandra frowned at him, a smile on her lips. “Who is where?”

He fought the irritation building up inside him. “You very well know who I’m talking about.”

“Are you talking about Angelica?” she raised her eyebrows.

He just looked at her, his eyes seriously deadly and seriously pissed.

But she didn’t budge. In fact, she stepped back and opened the door wider. “Would you like to come in?” God, the woman reminded him so much of Angelica.

“No, I would like to know where the hell she is,” his voice stony.

“Well, I don’t know,” she shrugged.

“You don’t know or you won’t tell me?”

She looked up, her face pretending to think, “Uh…both?”

“Where’s Philip?”

“What’s going on here?” Philip’s voice answered from somewhere inside the house. “Henry?” his friend asked when he came in view and stood beside his wife.

“He’s looking for Angelica,” Cassandra answered, looking at her husband.

Henry knew there was something going on here by the way the couple looked at each other.

“You two know where she is,” he said matter-of-factly. “Just tell me.”

“And why are you trying to find her?” Cassandra asked in challenge, ripping her eyes away from her husband to look at him.

“That’s none of your business,” he snapped.

“Don’t talk to my wife that way,” Philip said with warning.

“I’m sorry. I’m just really stressed right now,” he bent his head and looked at Cassandra once again, “I’m sorry. Now, please, would you be so kind to tell me where she is?” he asked rather sarcastically.

Cassandra snorted.

“Babe, I think Henry’s going to wring your neck if you don’t give him what he wants,” Philip said, amusement in his voice.

“I want to know why you want to find her,” Cassandra uttered.

“She’s pregnant with my baby and she decided to run away,” he said desperately.

Philip’s face registered shock. “She’s pregnant?”

“You didn’t know?” Cassandra gaped at him. “I’ll tell you about it later.”

“Where is she?” Henry tried once again, his jaw clenching with impatience.

“You didn’t really give me the real answer I was waiting for,” Cassandra frowned.

“What were you waiting for? I want to find her. I want to be with her and my child.”

“Okay, that’s answer enough,” Philip said to his wife.

Cassandra shook her head. “I don’t think so.”

“Babe, you’re waiting for the exact words? Men don’t say those words in front of other people. He wants to be with her and their child. That says he loves her,” Philip said irritably.

“Does he?” Cassandra crossed her arms over her chest and looked, one eyebrow arched in question. “Do you?”

He hesitated. This was not his forte. “Yes,” he said finally.