T-Shirts and Sleepovers

I have published a teen titans story, so read it if you want to. I'll update ROTG later this week. Still sick so I'm sorry if this is short. I really am.

Disclaimer: I do not own TMNT. At all.

Emma's POV

I was in my room, listening to some music, when I remembered Alex. I hadn't seen him since we met two days ago. I looked at my phone and saw it was around the same time I'd met him. I figured I'd go to the park, and if he was there, great. If not, well I would just enjoy the park by myself.

I got dressed and walked down to the living room. Sensei was meditating, so I wrote a note on the counter. Before I left, the boys stopped me.

"Where you going, dudette?" Mikester asked. I inwardly sighed and thought about my answer.

"The park," I answered. I wasn't lying, not entirely. Leo and Raph exchanged looks.

"Looking like that?" Leo asked. I looked down in confusion. I was wearing a fitted white t-shirt, jeans, and green sneakers. I also had my wallet and phone in my pockets.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I couldn't think of anything wrong with it. But the guys did.

"Your, um, arms," Donnie replied. Realization dawned on me. My arms and therefore my bruises, which were faded but still there, were visible. Anyone could see them. And I'd never worn anything that didn't have long sleeves for as long as I can remember. But I didn't really care that much about it anymore.

"And? I can't hide it forever so I might as well be proud of it," I told them. My brothers looked at me in shock.

"Are ya insane? What's to be proud of?" Raph yelled. I sighed and shook my head.

"The fact that I survived. I mean, I think I should be proud of the fact that I survived. Not everybody does," I replied. The boys just shook their heads and crossed their arms.

"It's a shirt. I'm going out and I'll be back in time for the sleepover," I said. April was coming over and we were going to camp out in my room. I planned on telling her about Alex. If I saw them tonight. I left, ignoring the boys and their protests.

When I got to the park, I saw someone sitting on the bench. As I got closer, I saw that it was Alex. He was wearing a black t-shirt, jeans, and the same black sneakers from two nights ago. He also had his green headphones on, like the last time we met. I decided to try to scare him.

I snuck up and put my hands on his shoulders. Alex jumped, took of his headphones and turned around. His face looked panicked until he saw it was me. Then his face turned into one of relief. I sat down next him and smirked.

"Don't scare me like that," Alex said. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"But it was so funny seeing your face," I replied. He frowned and my smile got bigger.

"Was not," He answered. I put a hand on his shoulder and pouted in fake pity.

"Aww, is the poor baby scared of his own little shadow?" Alex jokingly punched me and I pretended to be in pain. "That hurt." Alex shook his head.

"No it didn't."

"Yes it did."

"No, it didn't."

"Yes, it did."

By that point, we were inches away from each other and sending the other death glares. I pulled back when I realized how close we were. I felt my face heat up and saw that Alex's did as well.

"It didn't hurt," I said. Alex looked at me with a 'oh, really?' look on his face. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out. It was a text from April. Apparently, she was back in the sewers.

Ur bros said u r at the park. I'll come get u.

"Man, she wasn't supposed to get there until 9," I said out loud as I put my phone away.

"Who?" asked Alex, making me realize I'd said that out loud.

"A friend of mine. She and I are having a sleepover tonight and she was supposed to come at 9. And it's only......9:10" I said, realizing that I was late.

"I guess you better go home," Alex said, a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Actually, she said she's coming here, so I better wait for her," I replied, not wanting him to leave just yet. Alex nodded and we just sat there in silence. But then Alex spoke suddenly.

"Will you be here tomorrow night?" I didn't know what to say but someone answered for me.

"Oh, she'll be here. But tonight is 'girls only' night," April said. I whipped my head and saw her standing behind me. I blushed a little before turning back to Alex.

"Yeah, I'll be here. Hope you are too," I then stood up and started walking with April. Just before we walked into the alley, I heard Alex yell.

"I'll be there!" I ignored April's knowing look and smiled.

A/N Next chapter will be about their sleepover. I'm sorry it's not long, but I'm so tired. And I need rest if I'm going to go to school tomorrow. If I'm too sick to go, I'll try to update. Promise.