Goodbyes and Letters

I'm super duper sorry. Please forgive me! Also, Shredder's stunt on the TV let Donnie trace him back to a 'supposedly' abandoned warehouse.

Disclaimer: Only own plot and OC's. Nothing else.

                  Emma's POV

 Sensei had us gather at the dining room table as we planned our attack. We couldn't let Shredder do anything, so we had to attack soon.

 Leo and Sensei would face Shredder as they were the best fighters, the rest of us there to offer our assistance. Donnie would hack into the security alarms and turn off all the systems. Mikey, Raph, and I would take out any ninjas that were there. Casey and April would stay here, telling us where to go based on blueprints of the building.

 The only thing was I had to say goodbye to Alex. I had every intention of coming back, but sometimes you just didn't know. So I told him to meet me at the park.

 "Hey, Emerald. What's up?" Alex asked as he sat besides me on our favorite park bench. I took a deep breath.

 "We're going to fight Shredder. We have to or he'll cause chaos and misery for everyone," I explained. His eyebrows knit in confusion.

 "You're going to be okay though, right?"

 "I'll try. We all want to come back, but there's a chance we won't," I replied. He sat back and realization dawned on his face.

 "You're saying goodbye, aren't you?" Alex asked, even though he already knew the answer. I sighed and grabbed his hand.

 "It's just in case. If I do come back, then you can say you told me so," I said, trying to comfort him. He sighed. "I really, really like you, Alex."

 I then kissed his cheek. He turned so we were kissing on the lips. I felt all of his anger, frustration, and sorrow at me going through that kiss. When we pulled away, I smiled sadly at him.

 "Later, skater boy." I left and went into the sewers. When I got there, I hurried past everyone and ran to my room. As soon as the door was shut, I started crying.

 But I knew what I had to do. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil, dried my tears, and began writing. I knew someone wasn't coming back. That's how it always goes. I would be that someone, if only so my brothers could live.                                                                                                              

To whoever reads this, please give to Sensei Splinter and let him read it in front of my brothers, Casey, April, and Alex.

I love of you guys. I realized before we left that someone would be leaving and not returning. I had already decided it would be me. I know this may cause some sadness, but you can't grieve. I want you to live.

Leo, you are a great leader. Don't let anyone, even Raph, say otherwise.

Raph, you may be a bit of a hothead, but you're kind and protective. Don't forget that.

Donnie, you're a genius who's got bright ideas for the future. Don't quit trying.

Mikey, you're a loveable goofball who makes this world shine. Don't change.

Casey and April, you were my first human friends. Thank you. Don't stop living.

Sensei, you were a better father than my bio dad ever was. Don't ever think your daughter didn't appreciate and love you.

Alex, I may have lied, but I hope you will forgive me. I just couldn't bear to see you upset. Don't ever think I never loved you.

Sincerely,

Emma Andrews/Hamato

I folded the letter and placed it in an envelope marked 'To my family' and placed it on the bed. I grabbed my belt with my weapons and left my room for what I thought was the last time. I joined my family as we headed to Shredder.

A/N: Well? Who here is crying or close to it?