-6

I slumped down in front of the fire, a grumpy look on my face. I don't want to look back at Maxxie, who I left back there and he hasn't come to join us yet.

He knows the truth. He thinks I'm disgusting. No one else seemed to believe Sketch though, as when they saw me all they said was how bitchy it was for Sketch to say something like that.

I'd just silently nod a reply and bite into my bacon, avoiding conversation.

Eventually, Maxxie did return to us but he sat across from me next to Sid instead of next to me like he always did. Which is understandable. But everyone around us sent us weird looks when they noticed the tension in the air.

Michelle cleared her throat. "Where is that little slut and Anwar, anyway?" Everyone chuckled at her little nickname except for Maxxie and I. I wasn't in the mood to laugh, not with the fact that I was having my first fight with my best friend.

Maxxie just stared at me with his pretty little face, except his full lips formed a line and his eyes were stone cold. I looked back at him a couple times but mostly I avoided eye contact.

"Incoming." Chris sang quietly so only we could hear. I heard a few footsteps stomping on  the leaves on the ground before someone sat right besides me.

"Really, Anwar? That's very low of you." Jal said from next to Chris.

Anwar looked at all us with wide eyes, confused. "What?"

Sketch, who was the one sitting next to me, reached out and wrapped her arms around Anwar's, who also seemed a bit uncomfortable with the affection. Which is ironic since he can fuck her in open areas yet he can't handle her holding his hand.

"Anwar and I are an item now." Sketch announced and her voice made me want to slap her multiple times. At first I thought her accent was cute, and she was so innocent, but now I've come to realise that her accent is the complete opposite of what she is.

Sketch also seemed to announce this mostly to Maxxie, as she kept her gaze on him. Maxxie was already glaring at me, but he glared even harder at Sketch.

"Is this true?" Maxxie asked angrily to his closest mate.

Anwar looked down. "Yeah, so what?" Anwar panicked a bit.

Maxxie just shook his head and stood up. "You're a shit friend, Anwar." We watched as Maxxie disappeared into the woods.

I felt horrible for him and I didn't want him to be alone.

I stood up and went after him, running so I'd catch up with him quicker.

I saw his back and pick up the pace, stopping when I'm right next to him. He's not startled by me, and stopped walking to turn to me. He looked very grim.

"Maxxie, it's ok-"

"Listen to me, okay?" Maxxie grabbed my arms and looked me in the eyes. "If he ever hurts you again, or even scares you, come over. If you can't come over, just call me and I'll be right there to get you." My eyes watered at his sweetness, but still I fought back.

"Maxxie he doesn't hurt me-"

"Just," Maxxie's voice is very hard and stern. "promise?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. There was no point in denying it now, he knew.

I nodded and we both embraced each other, Maxxie placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, which was my favourite way of hugging him since he was taller than me.

The rest of the day was a blur, all I could remember was focusing all my attention to Maxxie and ignoring Sketch's glares. When nightfall came, I was excited to finally get to share a tent with Maxxie.

As soon as I was inside, I was already stripping my clothes off, leaving me in just a bra and underwear. It was too hot inside the tent to sleep with full sleeves, and Maxxie had already seen my scars, so I put on my favourite oversized grey t-shirt.

Maxxie climbed in and started zipping up the tent. I laid under the blanket we had to share, already ready to sleep. I was caught off guard when Maxxie started taking off his clothing until he was just in his tight black briefs.

His body was amazing, not too tanned yet still a bit bronzed and extremely toned with muscle definition. He did dance a lot and I assumed he went to the gym a lot as well. When Maxxie caught me staring, he laughed.

"I usually sleep completely naked, so this is hard for me." Maxxie said with a cheeky grin and I laughed and turned to my side so I'm facing away from him as he climbed under the blanket.

I felt Maxxie scoot closer to me so his torso was pressed against my back. My breathing hitched yet I liked it a lot, being this close to Maxxie.

But I didn't like it when Maxxie slowly touched down my bare arm, examining the damage done to my skin. The atmosphere in the small space changed immediately.

"Why do you do this to yourself, Fi? You're skin is beautiful, it doesn't deserve to be hurt." I felt like crying and telling him I didn't, but he'll just think I'm a bigger freak then I already was.

When I don't respond, I hear Maxxie move positions and I realise he's sitting up and looking over me. I dug my face into the blanket to hide my frown.

Maxxie leaned his head down and I felt his blonde hair tickle my skin. I'm confused at first but then I feel his soft lips pressed against my skin and I tense up.

Maxxie slowly kissed each of the scars, going all the way up my arm. My heart pounded in my chest, he's too sweet. So gentle.

Maxxie pulled away from my arms and he started leaning in towards my face. Thinking he's about to kiss me, my heartbeat quickens and I feel like I'm about to throw up. But Maxxie just places a kiss that was the same pressure as the ones on my scars, on my cheek. I smiled anyway, yet did feel a bit disappointed.

Maxxie laid back down again and drooped his arm around my waist and he smuggled into me from behind. I fell asleep knowing I was safe with Maxxie.

Sorry for the short chapter! Next chapter will be longer. :)