-10

The next day, when I saw Maxxie walking towards me after theatre practise, he looked distressed. Immediately my smile dropped.

"What's wrong?" I asked, thinking he was let off the production or something.

"I nearly got hit by a giant light."

I blinked a few times, trying not to burst out in laughter.

"What?" I snickered quietly to myself. It sounded ridiculous.

"Sketch was in charge of the lights, and I don't know exactly what happened next but the light came crashing down next to us."

My mouth formed a 'o'. I wondered if Sketch had done it on purpose or not. Surely not  though, right? I mean, if she liked Maxxie so much why would she try to kill him?

"Accidents happen." I defended.

"Yeah, I know." Maxxie seemed irritated. I wasn't sure if it was towards Sketch or me defending her. I tried to lighten up the mood a little.

"Hey, I can't wait to watch you perform." I nudged his elbow with my own, and a smile crept onto his face. Success. "Never knew you could sing and act too."

"Well, I'm pretty amazing, aren't I?" He said cockily and I chuckled.

I suddenly got this feeling- like something was wrong. It fell down to the pit of my stomach. I froze in my spot, causing Maxxie to come to a sudden halt.

"Fi? What's wrong?" Maxxie edged towards me cautiously until he stood directly in front of me, blocking my view. He tried to get in eye level with me.

"I have to go home."

«»

I've never ran home faster in my whole entire life. I didn't feel the pain in my legs nor the breathlessness in my lungs. I was just desperate to get home- and I forgot to give my mom her morning medicine. I've never forgotten besides that one time I was an hour too late. She was screaming in pain until I gave it to her. But now it's been nearly seven hours.

I burst through my apartment door, knocking a tall lamp to the ground. My eyes immediately fell on my mom's bedroom door. It was open. I could hear movement and panic inside.

"Mom!?" I screamed out as I ran towards the room.

I'll never forget the sight. Blood everywhere while my mom had a seizure. The blood on the sheets were coming from her eyes and nose. She looked possessed. She sounded possessed.

My dad frantically held her down, trying to stop her from moving around too much. He turned his head to look at me, sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Call an ambulance!" My dad came towards me, pushing me out of the bedroom and shutting the door.

"No!" I screamed as I banged at the door. It wouldn't open.

I turned around and ran out the front door, crashing into Maxxie. He looked startled. "Call an ambulance! Please!" I begged as I held my hand against my forehead and paced back and forth.

Maxxie didn't say anything. He already knew what was going on. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. He quickly dialled the number before bringing the phone to his ear.

"Yes level 5 apartment 7. Please hurry!" Maxxie shouted.

I collapsed onto the ground, my back against the wall and I held my face. My hands trembled as I sobbed into my palms, complete heartache.