-8

I sat in class, my eyes stuck on the desk and I pinched my bottom lip nervously. I wanted to burst out crying right then but I didn't want to draw attention to myself even though I was the only one in the classroom.

It's been ten minutes since the class was dismissed and I should of been eating lunch, but I couldn't get up from the seat. I wanted to be alone. Completely alone.

This morning when I went to check on my mom, she'd been having a seizure. But this seizure was the worst one I've ever seen her have. I tried to calm her down but I couldn't. She was screaming, arching her back and her eyes were rolling around.

She was making so much noise that my dad actually came into the room for once, but I wish he hadn't. He told her to shut up and slapped her across the face. Then he forced me out of the apartment and locked me out. I don't know if he's trying to help her or not, or if he will take her to the hospital.

Both Maxxie and his parents weren't home, probably at school and work. I was late this morning by an hour, but I couldn't give one shit. My heart was back at home, worrying about my mom.

The classroom door opens and I expected it to be a teacher telling me to leave, but in the corner of my eye I can see blonde hair.

Maxxie sat across from me and leaned over to grab my hands. I kept my gaze on the table as he tried to make his eyes meet my own. 

I hadn't even realised that he was saying my name until he shook my hands. I finally looked up and suddenly I could hear again.

"Fiona!" He said loudly, a worried look plastered on his face.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?"

I stare at him for a few seconds. Every time I looked into his eyes, all my worries disappeared.

"I'm fine!" I chirped, smiling and standing up. Maxxie looked confused.

"But you were-"

"I'm starving. Let's get some food." I happily said, walking out of the classroom. 

Maxxie catched up with me and we walked side-by-side. Maxxie searched his bag and pulled out a trophy. I was going to congratulate him on whatever he won but then I realise it's a fake trophy.

"I got another gift today. It was in my locker." Maxxie opened it up to reveal all the chocolate inside, but he didn't eat one. Instead he closed it again and when we passed a bin he chucked it in.

I felt bad for Sketch. She spent way too much money on gifts for Maxxie every day. Every gift he got, he would throw away. Even if it wasn't edible.

"This is so weird, I'm a bit freaked out." Maxxie said and I look over my shoulder. I nearly piss myself when I see Sketch standing next to the bin, her arms wrapped around her booked. She lowered her head and stared at me, furious. I walked faster, dragging Maxxie along. He was too busy ranting about all the strange things happening to him to even notice me pulling him along.

"I'm not hungry anymore, lets just go outside to the others." I said quietly and I'm about to walk out outside when Maxxie grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

"Are you trying to lose weight?"

"What? No-"

"Because if you are, you know starving yourself won't work. You have to do it the natural way."

"Maxxie, I'm not-"

"But it's not like you need to anyway, you've got a lovely figure. But I'm just saying that if you starve yourself you'll gain it all back-"