Anniversarie Catasthrope (Part 1)

A.N: Okay everyone this is the final part, so I'm going to make this double chapters. Anyway some details had been fixed.
P.S: Warning! This chapter contains climax of sadness and a lot of drama which will make all of you McGretch fans will asked "Why?!". Enjoy!

  It's been 3 days after Gretchen's incident. She get well from day to day. It's still 4 a.m. and everyone are still asleep, but Gretchen hesitates herself to wake up. She slowly tip-toed, not to wake up everyone else. She got out of the cabin slowly and walked to the messhall. She slowly opened the door to messhall and again tip-toed slowly. When she got to the kitchen, she looked for things in the cupboard.

Gretchen: "Hmm... what would I need?"

  When she scattered through the wood cabinet, someone startled her and not to mention that on is Rosebud.

Rosebud: "Hehe... what are you doing?"
Gretchen: "Oh, Rosebud, hi. I... uh... (nervous)."
Rosebud: "Uh... what?"
Gretchen: "Uh... I... (take a deep breath) okay I sneaked out to the messhall to get something for...."
Rosebud: "Something for what?"
Gretchen: "Uh... for... McGee! It's his birthday!"
Rosebud: "Well, maybe I can make him a birthday cake...."
Gretchen: "No! I'll do it myself."
Rosebud: "Well, if you need help, you can call me. Okay?"
Gretchen: "Okay!"

  She then scattered the whole cupboard to look for some things to make a special breakfast. Without even she realized, it's already 5 a.m., which means everyone will wake up soon enough. She decided to go back to the cabin to change her clothes and thought for a special present. She were lucky that everyone are still asleep. She then continue thinking about a special present for McGee as he's going to wake up soon enough.
  She decided to get out to get some fresh air. When she got near the lake, she got stumbled by a wooden box. She opened the box and find a lot of things, fresh ingridients to make a special things for McGee, a birthday cake.
  Without anymore thinking, she ran into the messhall, and started to make the birthday cake. Little did you know, Gretchen has a little talent about cooking aside her Kung Fu skills. She mixed the dough perfectly, and after some minutes, now it's time to bake the cake. While she bakes the cake, she decided to prepare another food for McGee, which is Crème Brulee as Gretchen has a cousin that lived in Paris so she could learnt some things about France and spoke some French.

35 Minutes Later

  It's right 6.30 a.m. and McGee and Squirt should be wake up any moment. Gretchen finally finished the Crème Brulee. Gretchen then checked the cake and the cake is ready. Now she just needs to decorate the cake. Gretchen just finished making the frosting, and after she put it in the whipping bag, she heard something that she didn't expect to hear, it's McGee.

McGee: "Hey Squirt what do you think Rosebud cook for us?"
Squirt: "I don't know, but there's a smell of cake."
McGee: "Cake?"

  McGee sniffs and smell a cake from the messhall.

McGee: "Let's check it out, Squirt."
Squirt: "Okay."

  Both McGee and Squirt enter the cabin with enthusiasm. When they got in, Gretchen was already inside and took a seat.

Gretchen: "Hey guys, calm down. There are a lot of seats here."

  McGee and Squirt then calmly take a seat near Gretchen.

McGee: "Hey Gretch, what's that cake smell?"
Gretchen: "What cake?"

  Sure Gretchen is not naive and doesn't fooled easily.

McGee: "Anyway what is that cake smell?"
Gretchen: "Well that cake is forbidden for you, but I know what is not forbidden."
McGee: "What?"
Gretchen: "Wait a minute."

  Gretchen then got into the kitchen and get the Crème Brulee for McGee and the soup that Rosebud had made for the breakfast. Rosebud was decorating the birthday cake.

Gretchen: "Well you did a good job on that cake, Rosebud. Thanks."
Rosebud: "You're welcome, Gretch."

  Gretchen then went out and fetch the food on the table. Gretchen then sit back on her seat.

McGee: "Wow, who's that soup in the bowl for?"
Gretchen: "Well it's actually Crème Brulee and that bowl is called a ramekin and it's for you. Happy Birthday McGee!"
McGee: "Really, oh... thanks Gretch!"

  He then hugs Gretchen for an enough thank you. He couldn't think any better way to express his feelings for her. Then they all have their breakfast together.
  After that, McGee had an idea for their adventure today.

McGee: "Hey guys how about we take an extreme picture from the top of the cliff for my mom?"
Gretchen: "Well let's just hope that this doesn't cause any consequences."
McGee: "Well what do you say Squirt?"
Squirt: "Okay."
McGee: "Okay, let's go."

  Then they set off to one of the cliff near the lake. It took for about 3 - 4 hours to get to the top. It's right 11 a.m. and they get to the top. McGee then get the camera and Gretchen set up the tripod. When they sure that the angle is perfect. Then they set the camera to take in 5 seconds.

McGee: "Okay, everyone said birthday!"
Everyone: "Birthday!"

  The camera took a picture of them. McGee then take the camera to see the result. Then, they heard something not good. The edge of the cliff cracked and Gretchen fell by the edge.

Gretchen: "Ah...!"
McGee: "Gretchen!"
Squirt: "I'll help you Gretchen."

  McGee then thinks fast and catch Gretchen before she could fell. Then, something worse happened. The edge cracked even more adding with Squirt's weight make it cracked bigger and there is a risk that Gretchen might fell onto the big rock on the coast as McGee couldn't hold her any longer. He has to make a decision, he couldn't save them both. So he has to save one.

McGee: "Squirt, get her!"

  McGee then throw Gretchen to the safe spot on the cliff. While that, McGee fell onto the coast and his head hit the big rock on the coast. He then just lay there, blood streaming from his head. That's it, he's dead.
  Gretchen started to gain some consciousness and she only saw Squirt.

Gretchen: "Squirt? Where's McGee?"
Squirt: "He fell onto the coast, I couldn't save him."
Gretchen: "What?!"

  She then ran onto the edge of the cliff and saw to below to the coast and see McGee's body lay unconscious. Gretchen became worrier about this. It's his birthday, but he died on that day. She cried hard about that thing. The day that should be the happiest day in their life, become the saddest day.

To Be Continued

A.N: It's quite sad, isn't it? McGee died. What will Gretchen do now? Will magic come to their life? Find about it in the final chapter.