chapter

I woke up on a hospital bed. I was hooked up to stuff. My stomach hurt a little. I was shot. Fucking Hunter. I knew that Carter is scared. I went to move but someone grabbed my hand. I looked over and it was Severide. He looked like shit. I sqeeuzed his hand and smiled.

" hey " I whispered. He smiled and kissed my head. I smiled at him. He ran his thump over my hand. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

" you scared the shit out of us. No one can calm Carter down besides Jay " he said. I giggled. I opened my eyes and looked at him. His eyes were beautiful. There halze green. We started to lean in. We were inch apart. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him. He kissed back and put his hand on my waist. When he pulled away he ran out of the room. Did I do something wrong. We both leaned in. Shit I just messed our whole friendship up. Halstead came in with Carter and Aaron. I smiled at them. Carter started to cry and reach for me. Halstead smiled and gave me Carter. He laid on my chest and held me tight. I winced little. I rubbed his back and kissed his head. Halstead kissed mine. I smiled at him.

" I was scare mama " he cried. J nodded. He put his head on my heart and faced away from them crying. I kissed his head again.

" I know baby shh I am okay. I'm okay baby " I whispered in his ear. I rolled over putting my back to them. I pulled Carter into my chest. Jay ribbed my back. I sighed and closed my eyes. I could fell Carter falling asleep with his head on my heart. I soon fell asleep after.

I woke up to someone rubbing my back. I open my eyes and find it is Boden. I smile at him. Carter is sleeping behind me. I roll over so he is cuddled into my back. Boden puts his hand on my head and kisses it.

" I messed up " I said. I closed my eyes a tear fell out. His hand was on my arm. I whipped a tear away. " sometimes es I think k jf I never got pregnant most if this stuff wouldn't have happened. I would have been laying in this bed from being shot. I wouldn't be having people worrying about me. I made my son think he lost me " I cried. Boden sag in the bed and pulled me I to him. I sat up and put my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me. I always thought if Boden as a dad. He was there for me since the beginning. He rubbed my back.

" you don't mess up. You were protecting your boy. Your my daughter since I first saw you. I knew I was gonna be watching you grow up in the firehouse. You've been a daughter to me for 7 years Peyton. Don't mess that up " he said. I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. I sighed. I nodded. I whipped my tears away and let him hold me. Herman came in and sat infrint of us. He put his hand on my back.

" don't give up kid. You have made it so far " he said. I nodded. I whipped more years away. I laid back down. Carter put his head on my chest. I put my hands in my hair. I sighed and whipped tears away. Boden and Herman kissed my head before walking out. I pulled Carter into my arms like a baby. I looked down at him. He looks like me and his dad. He put his head in my chest and grabbed my hand and put it on his stomach. I rubbed his stomach. I fell back asleep with him in my arms.