chapter 9

When we got to the firehouse the boys were out on a call. I decided to cook for them. I laid Carter down in the couch because he cell asleep in my arms. I covered him up. I put the TV on spongebob. I took my jacket off laying it in one of the chairs. I grabbed out lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers, olives and put them all in the counter. I cut the up and put it all in a big bowl. I slpit the bowl into the different bowls. One I put in ranch dressing and shook it. Then the either one I put in Italian dressing. I made cheesey bread with it. By the time the were done everyone came in I put my finger to my mouth and pointed to were Carter was laying. The all nodded and stood infront of the counter. They all pointed I the salad they wanted. I gave them all there food. I was eating fruit. Severide came being the counter and put his hand on my lower back. I faced him smiling. I put my hand on his cheek. He wasn't dirty. It must have been a collision. I kissed him. He stole one of my strawberries. I giggled and pushed him out of the kitchen. I brought me lunch. I put a cover in my fruit and put it back in my lunch box. I put my lunch box ontop of the fridge. I walked over to the couch. I kneeled down infront of it. Carter was sleeping. He looked adorable. But he had to eat. I rubbed his back and ran my fingers through his hair.

" monkey get up come on you got to be eat " I said to him. He nodded sitting up still tired. I picked him up putting him on my hip. He put his head on my shoulder. Ad I walked by Herman kissed his head along with Severide. I went behind the counter grabbing a plate. I put just salad on it with a little bit of the cheesey bread. I cut it in half. I grabbed a fork. I went and sat down next to Severide. I put Carter on my lap moving closer to the table so he could reach. He leaned back against my chest. I put some salad on the fork. Carter opened his mouth. I feed him the first bite.

" come on buddy you got to eat " Severide said. Monkey looked at him. He closed his eyes. His arm was over mine that was around his waist and rested in the chair. I rubbed his stomach. He looked at me squinting his eyes.

" mama head " he whispers. I nod kissing his head. I put more salad on the fork.

" just eat a little more than you can go lay down in daddy's office " I said to him. He nodded. He slowly took the fork out of my hand. He ate the salad that was on the fork before closing is eyes and letting his hand rest in his leg. When he swallowed he grabbed more and ate. He ate like most of his salad. He fell back to sleep in my arms. I stood up. Holding him to me with one arm. He let his head rest against my arm. I put his plate on the counter. I fixed him to were he was laying in my chest. His head rolled off my shoulder. I held his head. I walked to Severides office. I laid him down and covered him up. I plugged on the white Christmas lights. I shut the light off. I kissed his head. I walked out shutting the door quietly. I waled back out grabbing my lunch box and phone. Severide pulled me onto his lap. Putting his hands on my stomach. Otiz grabbed my phone playing one of his games. I opened my lunch box and grabbed my salad that has like everything in it but pickles. I started to eat it.

" you just made salad but hour eating salad from home " Jimmy said. I nodded. The guys laughed at him.

" okay Jimmy listen. I know we haven't known each other for long but she loves us but hates our cooking and beings her own lunch she has since she first stepped foot in this firehouse. Us guys say the food here she eats her food from home. Sometimes she will eat dinner here sometimes she won't she's always been like that. " Shay said. I nodded. I gave her a bite of my salad. She smiled at me. Severide put his hands on my thighs instead of my stomach. I looked back and smiled at him. He smiled and pecked my lips. I looked back at Jimmy.

" plus because I can add what ever I want to it " I said. They all laughed. I put my fork on the table and hlgrabbed the cover to the bowl and put it back on. I put it in the lunch box with the fork and grabbed my spoon and yogurt. It was strawberry and banana greek whipped yogurt. I opened it and Severide looked at me pouring. I giggled. I opened if and mixed it since it all was on the bottom. When it was mixed I turned around and feed it to him. He smiled and kissed me. I giggled and looked at everyone. The all laughed. laugged with them giving Shay and Herman a bite. I ate the rest. I gave Severide my crackers before getting up. The rest was all carters. I put the lunch box on top of the fridge. I heard little feet paddling. I looked at Carter. He didn't look good at all. I walked out from behind the counter and he ran to me. He had a blanket wrapped around him. I picked him up putting him on my chest. I walked over to the couch. I laid down on it with Carter on my chest. Hean looked over the couch with Casey. I smiled at them. I noticed Carter was trying to get skin. Herman knew what it was. I took my flannel off then my shirt and put them on the table. Herman laid Carter on my chest. I cover us up to were no one could. He was covered to his shoulders. I rubbed his back. His head was right under my chin. The house dog ran out. He jumped and laid on my legs and had his head on carters back. Snow has always been protective of Carter. Carter loves him and they love each other.

" mama I no feel good " he said. I nodded kissing his head. He was burning up.

" I know baby. Snow up " I said. Snow jumped up. I put the blanket on the couch standing up. Severide ran over and grabbed my shirts. I walked out to the ambo. Shay already had the kids tilenal ready. I sat Carter on the bed. Shay gave him it while I put my tank on and flannel. When he got it he made a gross face and jumped on Severide. I smiled.

" lets go get you a drink buddy " he said. Carter nodded. I smiled at seeing my monkey love Severide as a daddy.