4. Far From Friends

Chapter Four

"Oh, so I see you had other plans," Grayson smirks, following after me into my apartment, "I like it."

I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom, rummaging through the closet to find some ointment and bandaids. A pair of hands place on my waist and I feel Grayson kiss my temple lightly.

Turning around, I stare into his twinkling brown eyes with specks of gold that never seizes to amaze me. "Go to my room and lay down. I'll be there in a minute."

He nods wordlessly, shuffling out of the bathroom. After watching his body disappear into my room, I collect the things necessary to fix him up and walk into my bedroom.

Grayson laid in my bed, curled up in the blankets, as he watched Criminal Minds. My lips curve into a smile and I plop onto my bed, sitting on his lap.

"So I have to put this on so it'll clean, don't be-"

"A little bitch, I got it." He rolls his eyes.

"I wasn't going to say that, but that works too."

Pouring alcohol on the cotton boll, I place it on his eyebrow gently. He hisses in pain and shoves my hand away. "Don't touch me with that demonic shit."

"Grayson," I stifle my laughter, "would you like lemon juice instead?"

His eyes grow wide and he grabs the cotton ball from my hand, violently jabbing the cotton ball on his eyebrow. I laugh as he groans, taking the cotton ball away and putting a little bit of ointment on it along with a bandaid.

I clean up his lip carefully and smile when I'm done. I quickly throw the garbage out in the kitchen and put the things away in the bathroom closet.

As I walk into my room, I watch as Grayson stared at my wall filled with pictures of my family or friends with I. When I stand next to him, I notice he was staring at a picture of my older brothers and I before they had went into the marines.

It'd always been there dream to battle in war; something about it captivated them, you could see it in there eyes. When we were younger, they'd always tried to get me into the marines with them, but I stuck to my dream of becoming an actress.

"Your brothers- do you miss 'em?"

I inhaled sharply, nodding my head. "Everyday. I haven't seen them for almost a year. We used to do everything together and everyday I live in fear of the worst, but I know that no matter what happens, they're doing what they love and makes them happy."

"I kind of want to go," he sighs, "to the navy, I mean. But the thought of leaving my family behind, more importantly my mom and siblings by themselves scares the absolute fucking shit out of me." He murmurs quietly, tilting his head to the side so he could get a view of me.

"That's what you have your dad for. He's the mayor. Don't they consider you guys to be like the first family of this shitty town?"

He nods his head silently.

"Then I'm sure they'll protect your mom and siblings."

"Yeah, definitely. Because my father is a such a loving person." He snorts, shaking his head.

I take note of his sarcasm, confusion washing over me as I stare into his brown angry, hurt, and something undecipherable eyes. Swallowing slowly, I grab his hand and drag him to my bed to sit down.

"What do you mean?"

He shakes his head. "Forget it. Can you do me a favor?"