8. He Could Be The One

Chapter Eight

"Psst!"

I roll my eyes playfully as my lips curve into a wide smiles allowing my dimples to show.

"Psst!"

I bite my lip to keep from laughing and continue to finish my math homework.

"Rose!"

I let out a squeal and laugh when a pen pokes my side. I'm a very ticklish person. My cousin once poked me "accidentally" and I kicked him in the balls "accidentally." Whatever, the doctor told us he could still have kids so I'm not worried.

"You can't ignore me forever, munchkin." I arch my eyebrow at a grinning Noah. "I'll make you Cinnabon's if you talk to me." He bribes, holding his hand out for me to hold.

I roll my eyes and shut my books closed, standing up from his bed and intertwining our fingers. "You know my weaknesses, that's no fair." I pout as I drag him out of the room and down the stairs.

"All is fair in love and war, baby." He winks, opening the freezer with his free hand. I kiss his cheek tenderly and laugh when a light blush fills his cheeks. "Okay sit your cute ass down while I make you your Cinnabon's, I don't need distractions." He jokes, preparing the pan.

I nod my head and follow his orders, pulling myself onto his countertop to sit. I watch Noah's eyebrows knit and his mouth was slightly parted as he read the instructions carefully after preheating the oven.

Cinnabon's have been my favorite ever since Noah made them for me for Valentine's Day in the third grade. Noah's mom actually made them, but let her son take the credit in order to swoon me over — her words, not mine. To be honest, it worked. I had never had Cinnabon's before so I was a bit scared to taste them. At the time, cooties were still our number one fear.

I thought he had injected cooties in them, but as soon as I took my first bite, I had immediately fallen in love with the snack. Ever since then, on every holiday and even when it wasn't, he made me Cinnabon's. He asked me out with Cinnabon's. Noah placed them on a pan and on the icing he spelled out 'will you be my girl?' And I obviously said yes, being I liked him since we were younger. It was like our food, as crazy at that sounds.

"Quit staring. I can't focus." Noah's voice dragged me out of my thoughts. He cast a look my way and smile when I started blushing.

I shook my head. "I wasn't staring." I mumble, looking away.

I was merely admiring the view.

"Whatever you say munchkin." He chuckles, closing the oven. I mentally face palm when I notice he was already baking the scrumptious snack.

"No, really. I was lost in my thoughts." I defend myself, crossing my arms over my chest.

Noah nods his head and moves closer so he was standing in between my legs. His hands are on my knees and he bends his own to look into my sea green eyes. "What were you thinking about?" He whispers.

"How you made me Cinnabon's in third grade for Valentine's Day." I sheepishly smile, looking at his hands now resting on my lap.

Noah smiles at the vivid memory. "You were so happy I made you those, you begged me for more for lunch the next day." I nod my head in agreement and blush harder. "Let's not forget how excited you got when I gave you the flowers and card." He laughs loudly.

"Dear munchkin, you're the most beautiful girl in the world. Even though I don't want cooties, I would kiss you. But don't tell Sam that. He'd make fun of me. Love, munchkin." I recite the card in his eight year old voice.