9. Wicked

"I should have stopped there, I should have left, I should have not gotten involved, but the devil guiding me in the sinister room owed every inch of my heart."

FLASHBACK

"Lana." His cold voice remarked.

It was enough to send my body into shivers even through the phone. He had a power unlike anyone could over my mind, my body and my hopeless heart. It all started so fast, suddenly, my sanity was long gone.

All I saw was him.

All I thought about was him.

"Miss me already? " I playfully remarked.

I bit my lips roughly as I couldn't wipe the foolish smile from my lips. He made my lonely world become less lonely. Everything that once was black and white, gained the colour of green. Love consumed me recklessly. For once in my life, I had found happiness, I let it blind me. The world seemed wider, the possibilities seemed never-ending, there were no filters, my spirit was freed from all the pain. I was happy, I was consumed by my love for him, the pain swept away. My eyes glowed a bright hue, I was alive and the pain was nowhere to be found.

But something was missing. I wasn't able to fully grasp the man. I had met the monster. I would catch glimpses of the real man under the mask. I would witness a spark of the darkness and then it would disappear as fast as it came. He wasn't willing to admit to himself who he was. He had still not let the darkness in.

"Meet me at Bedford now." He hung up abruptly.

His tone seemed off, colder than usual. I could sense that something was wrong. This was different. I felt it. Perhaps if I wasn't blinded, I would ran from danger that awaited me in Bedford street. But he had me intoxicated, he commanded my body. I wouldn't think twice before throwing my body in the flames for him.

Before I knew it, I ran towards the car keys needing to be next to him urgently, needing to solve whatever was troubling him. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him. In a matter of seconds, my feet pressed onto the gas pedal, the car swerving, and fear devoured me.

I had never feared the velocity, I was trained to hold no fears, but to enjoy the danger. It all happened so fast, two months was all it took and suddenly, I was in car racing two hundred miles an hour with only him in mind.

All I saw was him.

All I thought about was him.

***
I pulled into the driveway of the single house on Bedford. I carefully stepped onto the stone path, pushing past the rusted iron gate at the immense mansion. The beautiful darkly-painted wood captured my view, this place screamed darkness. The window panes were decayed and chipping away but there was an undeniable beauty to it. The essence of the home guided me, I knew what lay behind the door would forever change my life.

When I stepped in the cold air hit me, while the darkness surrounded me. I began to examine every inch of the mystery house. The floors were polished wood floors hiding too many secrets, The Persian rug, an exquisite deep red and pictures covered the wall. The boy in the picture, I recognized. The emerald eyes that I would kill for. It was Harry, everything seemed so clear now. I felt intrigued as I scanned the pictures. His eyes were dark, even as a boy, but the smile concealed it. The women who stood next to him, must have been his mother as she had the same eyes. The father was to the right, cold, dark, and deadly. He was a contrast of both, light and dark.

I stopped my movements as I felt his breathe on my skin. The familiar scent of him tore in, but when I faced him, I could not recognize the sinister black in his eyes. It was clear now, this was where he grew up, the secrets were buried within these walls, this was where the real him lied. He was finally letting me in, I was finally going to get a chance to meet the real him, the man that lurked behind the shadows. He had been holding back from me, from the world too long, and he was finally letting me see him.