Chapter 23: A Visit to Axel's House

I pulled up to Axel's house, feeling like a creep. I mean, he read my message so he must know I'm on my way. I even told him that I have the car. I knocked on the door and I heard shuffling. A few seconds later, he opened it shirtless with only sweatpants on. "You were serious?" he asked me.

"No," I replied sarcastically. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I decided to skip formal greetings and shoved my hands in my pockets as I rocked back and forth on my heels. "So what were you saying to alarm the guys?"

"Don't worry about it," he responded as he turned and walked further into the house. I hesitantly stepped inside, closing the door behind me. "So what are you here for?"

I stared at his muscular back as he walked, suddenly losing my train of thought. Hurry up before he catches on! "I want you," I said and he immediately turned around with raised eyebrows. My face reddened when I noticed my slip up. "I want to talk to you." He looked at me and smirked.

"About what?" he asked in a tone of amusement.

"Are you mad at me?" I inquired. He hasn't been acting weird since I've arrived but he's been ignoring my messages. I'm not even going to mention the fact that he also left school early.

"No," he answered simply.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Why would I be?" he responded as he motioned for me to sit on the couch. I did, watching as he grabbed the remote, muting the television. He walked to the couch and sat down beside me. His knees were touching mine as we both sat cross legged facing each other.

"Because I didn't kiss you," I explained and he shrugged.

"Don't I always tell you not to kiss people you don't want to kiss?" he asked. "I'm not mad you didn't want to kiss me. I guess I was just...shocked that you didn't."

"It's not that I didn't want to kiss you," I told him and he stared at me, blinking slowly. "I just don't want to kiss you if it doesn't mean anything to you."

"Am I confusing you?" he asked me as he fixed his glasses.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I'm confusing myself, too," he responded with a slow nod as he stared at the small distance between us.

"How so?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I don't want to confuse you any more than I already have." I stared at him, unsure of what to say. I want to know but I'm also scared to ask.

"I like you and you know that. You kiss me thinking that I won't mind because I like you, but it just confuses me. You see I'm trying to get over you and you keep sending me mixed signals. How am I going to move on if you're kissing me and flirting with me with no explanation?" I feel like you like me but I know you're the type of guy to just tell a girl when you like her and that has yet to happen. So please, Axel, enlighten me.

"You're right," he nodded. He went to open his mouth but the door crashed open, displaying an annoyed Evan.

"Thanks for picking me up at the bus stop," Evan retorted with narrowed eyes.

"Calm down, it's three blocks away," Axel retorted as he rolled his eyes and I wanted to sigh. There goes any hope at finishing that conversation.

"I see why you didn't want to get me," Evan glared at his brother before glancing at me. "Hi, Lex."

"Hi, Evan," I greeted him.

"Are you two watching me again?" Evan asked.

"Actually," I stood up, "I was just leaving."

Axel looked at me and sighed as he too rose to his feet, joining me as we walked to the door. Evan stood there, watching us and Axel glared at him. "Go away."

"Why? What are you guys going to talk about that I can't listen to?" he inquired.

"Mind your business," Axel retorted and Evan glared at him before heading towards the stairs. We heard him faintly reach the second floor and Axel looked at me, shaking his head. "So are we good?" he asked.

I shrugged, nodding. "Yeah."

"Hug?" he asked and I hesitated before nodding. I wrapped my arms around his shirtless body, allowing my fingers to lightly graze his skin. He shivered slightly, muttering a quiet: "That tickled."

When I pulled away from the hug, I smirked and nodded. "Sure it did."

"You're breaking rule number-," he started and I rolled my eyes.

"Those rules are stupid," I told him.

"Even rule number one?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"Even rule number one," I assured him. "But we just discussed the whole kissing situation."

"Okay," he nodded with a smirk. "I just wanted to make sure, you know, in case you slip up."

I rolled my eyes at him, shaking my head as I slowly backed up. "I'd obviously be the first one to slip up," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, because you know, you like me," he responded with a grin and I scoffed, turning to hop down the steps.

"Because I'm the only one with feelings, right?" I called from beside the driver's side door.

His eyebrows rose as he smirked at me from his spot against the door-frame. "What are you saying?"

"I don't know. What am I saying Axel?" I responded as I pulled open the door.

"I don't know, Alexis," he smiled as he shook his head. "Text me when you get home so I know you're safe."

"Will do," I replied as I got into the truck.