Chapter 3: The Worm of Hope

So far, so good... Share to me what you think and leave a comment or give a vote... Thank you lovies :*

Skyler

After the trihorned boar, a class D soul beast, appeared right in front of us, Hiro and Lucy decided to fight it off. It would be hard for us since it was a class D and attacking it will only attract other beast, and to top it off all of us had no experience in real combat yet.

"This is trouble." Hiro finally spoke.

"No it's not!" Lucy said and slightly laughed, "We just have to run fast!"

She shouted and we ran off from other direction, since I was the last person of the group I got separated from the both of them. This is so fascinating, now I'm lost. At least the boar didn't follow me. I must have lost it.

I stopped running and rested for awhile. I need to find them before it gets dark, but because of my rotten luck, my resting was postponed because a class B monster suddenly showed up in front of me, it was a Black Devil Beetle. It was known for its very hard shell and deadly poison. Being not yet able to reach the first star copper, it was completely useless to me and I'm completely helpless against it. So, I decided to scram.

I was about to flee when the beetle spit some poison out of its mouth. It started to flutter it wings under its shell creating a fluttering noise. I can't just die like this! How could I make mother proud if my life ends here!

Taking out the knife father gave me. Its intricate hilt with black and gold carving resonated with power, the blades are as sharp as anything I have ever seen in my entire life. I prepared for it to attack when suddenly the ground started shaking violently.

'What is this power!?' I heared someone talked.

On an instance a bright light suddenly burst from the ground.

'Is it you my boy?' I realized that it was mentally talking to me, 'I will ask one more time, is it you?'

'I don't know what you're talking about!' I mentally replied.

'I can see that you have a very rare spirit essence.' The thing informed me with a hint of amusement, 'But your body is weak.'

Everything around me seems to slow. I could see the fluttering of the Devil Beetle before me.

'Do you want to be powerful boy? I can see strong resolve in you.' It said.

'Who are you?' I asked mentally, am I going crazy? Am I dead?

'I can read your thoughts my boy!' It said amusingly, 'And I promise you, you are not dead.'

'What are you doing in my head?' I was in slight panic.

'I will say it again. Do you like power?' It said this time I could feel a hint of authority.

'Yes! I want power!' I said with full resolve, 'I want my mother to be proud. I don't want to be weak anymore!'

'Then recieve my full power. Merge with me. Though you are weak I can see your resolve. But I will tell you this beforehand, the pain of this will be great and if you can't handle my power, you will immediately die.' He informed, 'Are you prepared for this consequence if you fail?'

I thought about it for minute, but then I decided. For me to be strong and not to become a trash, I am prepared for any pain. I don't want to be that trash anymore.

'Yes I'm ready.' After saying those word, a blinding light suddenly burst out of the ground. All I could make out was white. The Devil Beetle vanished. Then I felt the light piercing through me like a sharp daggers, but more painful. It was like millions of dagger were piercing through me, I shouted in pain. I was losing my conciousness yet I tried to endure the extreme pain.

After like a long hour of agonizing pain, it finally stopped. I dropped to the ground and was covered with sweat. It was finally over, I endured it. Then I blacked out.

"Good job my boy." I heard someone said inside of me. I opened my eyes and saw a silhouette of what seems like a snake, no more of like a worm.

"Waaah, so you were a worm?" I said shock, for that pain to be powerful and it was just a worm. And not to mention, I hate worms. Their so ecky and slimy, just thinking of touching it makes me want to puke.

"For your information. I am not a worm, but a caterpillar!" It informed in a matter-of-factly tone mixed with anger.

"It's the same thing."

"No its not." It said and floated near me, it was near me. I was about to swat it when I noticed something. I was also floating in what seems to be a swirl of purple, red, black, gold and yellow space. Where am I?

"We are in you." It stated as if it was reading my mind, or was he really reading my mind?

"That is so messed up in so many level." I stated. Thinking that I was inside me made me think of dirty thoughts.

"What you're thinking is just disturbing and inappropriate." It said with a hint of disgust in its voice.

"Stop reading my thoughts!" I said while covering my head with my arms.

"Then stop thinking of lewd things." It said half shouting, "So I am Zircon, an SSS class spirit beast."

An SSS class spirit beast, but that is impossible. This worm...

"I. AM. A. CATERPILLAR!" It, Zircon, stated, reading my thoughts again

Caterpillar can't be an SSS class. SSS class are the rarest beast and not even the strongest Spirit Master laid an eye on it. Zircon might seem ordinary but the delicate gold linings on its body with its gilded crown like halo make it seems believable, but still unbelievable.

"Believe it punk!" Zircon said, "I have lived for millions of year just to earn this beauty and strength of mine. And not a brat like you should ridicule me."

"Okay, okay I'm sorry." I apologized, after all it gave me power, "But, wouldn't everyone be shocked about this. I mean having an SSS class inside me."

"You don't have to worry about that." Zircon said with full confident, "And by the way I can feel someone coming. You should probably wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw someone approaching me. When I woke up I noticed something different in me. It seems like I have surpassed the first star copper rank and I was closing to second star copper rank.