Chapter 4: Grand Arcane Academy

Okay, so I will be posting the fourth chapter today... Hope you like this chapter... Please do leave a comment and vote. Much appreciated... Thank you :*

Skyler

After I opened my eyes, I saw Hiro and Lucy coming to my side. Also a meter away from me was the Black Devil Beetle, it was dead and burnt.

"We came here as we saw that bright light earlier. We felt a strong presence but then it disappeared." Lucy said worriedly.

"Did you see what happened." Hiro said monotonously. I don't know what to tell them. Do I need to tell them what happened?

'Don't tell them anything.' I heard Zircon spoke in my head.

"No. It was bright all over the place." I lied, "I was just close by when it suddenly happened."

I explained to them how I got lost and how I bumped into the Black Devil Beetle. And how I, somehow, defeated it with a knife my father gave. Leaving all the unnecessary part out.

"So you reached the first star copper rank?" Lucy said and I nodded in replied.

"Did you manage to absorb this Class B beast spirit halo?" It was Hiro.

"I guess." I shrugged, but truthfully I didn't.

"Show us, show us, show us!" Lucy exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure." I said nervously. I hope Zircon said was the truth. Here goes nothing.

I opened my first halo and a gold spirit halo appeared before me. My spirit essence appeared in my hand and one of the petals appeared brighter than the rest showing a distinct violet color.

"Cool!" I heard Lucy said.

"Here it goes." I prepared myself, "First Tier Skill: Silk Bind." it was what my mind told me to say so I said it and a sticky white thread shoot out of my hand. The thread seems to have a poison effect on it.

"Cooool!" Lucy said and was about to touch the thread.

"Don't!" I shouted before she could lay a finger on it.

"Haah! Why? It looks cool." She said stubbornly.

"It's poisoned, I still can't control it." I muttered truthfully.

"The thread look strong and at the same time flexible." Hiro said while poking it with a stick.

"Stop being so boring. Pshh!" Lucy retorted.

It was already dark and not a single beast appeared and tried to attack us. Which was a good thing. We discussed our progress on the forest lately. So far we were still far from Grand Arcane Academy, which was a bad thing. Tomorrow might not be as lucky as tonight though.

'What are you thinking brat?' Zircons voice resounded in my head.

'Nothing much, just thinking about what happened today.' I replied with my mind.

'Don't think about it that much. I will guide you, since now you are my host. Whatever happens to you will happen to me. So if you die, which must not happen, I die alongside you.' Zircon stated, 'So. Don't. Die!'

'Wow! Thanks for caring.' I said sarcastically.

'You're welcome!' He said and disappeared.

"So what do you think?" Hiro said, referring to me.

"What? What?" I blankly said. What were they talking about.

"Lucy said that it was weird to not meet a single soul beast after that shower of light." Hiro stated. Wow, this was the first time he talked a long sentence.

"Oh it's probably nothing." I tried to shrug it off, " Maybe just some luck."

"Or maybe a very mythical soul beast." Lucy said rubbing her chin.

"Let's just be glad a soul beast is not insight." Hiro said. I so love the way he talk.

Light started to creeping towards us. I stood up and started stretching. Only black coal and ashes were left by the fire we made last night. It was a good thing no soul beast attacked us last night. When everyone was already awake, we packed our things and started heading towards the Academy.
Minutes passed and we were in luck of not meeting a single beast, that was until we passed over a bridge. A class C soul beast appeared right in front of us. It was a Scarlet Fire Fox, its fur radiated a strong heat wave, the fox was small but surely it had speed. It started to growl at us not wanting to let us off the bridge. This is trouble, we have no choice but to fight it off.

"First Tier Skill: Frozen Leaf Blade!" Lucy announce and a silver halo appeared behind her. Frozen leaves started appearing.

"Watch closely." she said and winked. As she brought her hands down the frozen leaves started to shoot towards the fox, but sadly the fox gracefully dodge the leaf blades and started to charge towards us.

"You angered it." Hiro said and stepped in, "First Tier Skill: Freezing Resonance." appearing behind him was a gold halo. A ball of frost appeared in front of Hiro and a wave of blue light shoot out from it.

They're so cool. Then I realized that they could just have took that trihorned boar by themselves. But why didn't they?

Thinking that it was all over, we left the place and continued trekking only to find out more of it were hiding and was waiting to ambush us. Maybe this was the reason why they didn't attack the boar from the past. They go in large group.

"Prepare yourselves!" Hiro said and started using all his strength and so was Lucy. So I have no choice.

I called out my first tier skill and started binding the fox and at the same time poisoning them. It was a lot of work, I could feel myself slowly draining. After fighting a lot of them we started to run as fast as we could, trying to avoid another contact.

Day two ended and we were finally getting close. We all survived thanks to Hiro's fishing skill and my cooking skills.

I realized that Hiro's spirit essance was of a silverback frozen bear, while Lucy's was of a silver icicle grass which made me believe that they must be from Mt. Weisslo, a mountain near our village.

It took us another day trekking through the forest, but I could feel that we were getting closer since it was getting more dense.

The fourth day arrived and we were already out of the dreaded forest. I could feel my self getting excited as we walked by the dirt path and just mile away was the city of Bariura. The city where Grand Arcane Academy stood.