Chapter 5: 7-Petaled Rainbow Orchid

The 5th chapter is finally up... So what do you think so far? Leave a comment or vote... Thank you :*

A/n: There is a reason to why I made it into a third person's point of view.

The city of Bariura was huge. It's market place was busier compared to where Skyler lives. The cobbled walk, the carriages, the polished white house made of concrete. Everything was just so different. The three stood by Bariura's entrance, mesmerized by the city's beauty. As they entered the city, the one that really stood was the Grand Arcane Academy. Seeing its magnificent modernistic infrastructure made their great hall puny.

The three of them hurriedly head towards the huge castle-like gates of the Academy. They were about to enter the huge academy gates when two guards with spears stopped them.

"You have no business here kid!" The guard with a bulkier build said.

"But we're here for the registration." Skyler showed to him the white envelope they recieved from Devon back in their town.

"You dirty pheasants!" The lean one said and pointed the spear to the three, "Why would you ever think that someone like you would get accommodated to this academy?" and with that he tore Sky's recommendation paper.

"You piece of sh*t!" Lucy growled and a silver halo appeared before her. Shards of frozen grass appeared, "Take this you useless retard!"

The shards shoot to the guards direction when it all shattered to pieces.

"Enough!" I loud voice boomed, and there appeared a guy with a silver hair and a red clothing and black pants with gilded sides, "What is this commotion all about!?"

"Sir Ragnell, we are sorry to have interrupted you, but this kids try to give us some fake recommendation letter, we get a lot of it lately." The bulky guard said to the one that just appeared, Ragnell.

"Is it true?" Ragnell, this time, faced the three.

"It's so not true." Lucy said and stuck her tongue out to the guards. She then took out the letter she recieve and gave it to the Ragnell.

Ragnell studied the letter first before giving it back to Lucy. He then took Hiro's and studied the letter, but then gave it back.

"It seems real to me." Ragnell said rubbing his cheeks.

"See!" Lucy said mockingly to the guards, "If it weren't for this guy, you might be on the ground right about now."

The three of them were about to enter the pearly gates of the academy when Ragnell stopped Skyler from entering the gates. Skyler, who was confused for the moment, stopped on his track.

"Where do you think your going young man?" Ragnell said to Skyler in a cold tone.

"I'm going in, Sir?" Skyler said confusingly. He felt embarrassed at the moment, realizing he hadn't showed him any recommendation since it was torn.

"Where's your letter?" Ragnell asked and outstretched his hands with different colored ring on it.

"The guards tore my letter, Sir!" Skyler said his voice faltering from the news.

"Hmm! Surely its an acceptable lie." Hearing this made Skyler feel embarrass, knowing that the guy must have been watching yet he still believed that it was a lie.

"But it was the..." Lucy defended on Skyler's behalf but was interrupted.

"Hush child!" Ragnell interrupted. Skyler felt ashamed, he couldn't even defend himself, what more of his mother and sister.

"How about this," Ragnell started, "You defeat both the guards with your skill, alone, and I'll let you pass. Is it a deal?"

"I accept!" Skyler accepted without hesitation. He can't accept defeat now. He wasn't that piece of trash they talk about anymore. He isn't that weak anymore.

"Then it is settled." With this words, the two guards readied themselves and charged towards Skyler. But Skyler, who already knew how to use his skill, just stood their calmly.

"I will both take you down." Skyler said with full confidence and brought out his spirit essence.

Ragnell was shocked to see that the kid in front of him right now had the 7-petaled rainbow orchid, the rarest of all spirit essence. The essence that just happen to appear once in a hundred years. And to think that it would be on this kid randomly. Now Ragnell realized on why Devon insisted on this kid with a low spirit level.

On the other hand, Skyler was waiting for the right moment to use his skill and when his preparation was finally done, he summoned the huge spider web-like object that was already formed on the ground, capturing the guards like a fly. They were motionless and paralyzed by the effect of poison.

"What a magnificent show." Ragnell said totally impress by Skyler's total control of his skill, "You have now the right to enter the academy. I am vice principal Luke Ragnell and what you showed us earlier was impressive, what is your name kid?"

"I am Skyler Mikhail." Skyler said and then realized that he was also to look for a Luke in the school. Was he the guy he was suppose to see just like Devon said?