Baby steps - Isn't it a bit too slow

Mingyu's pov

He sat up on his bed as he stared at his phone. Why does his mornings always start with looking at his phone, checking for messages from the older? He never complained once, it had became a norm in his daily routine. It was 6am and Mingyu wondered why he woke up so early when he only had classes at 11am.

From: My cute blank face Hyung
Subject: Tired

I have classes at 8am... //yawns
I'm so tired! Will my boyfriend do anything to wake me up?
-
Mingyu chuckled as he read the message. It was only a few days when they confessed to each other. It was also only a few days when they had said "I love you" together on the rooftop. They had felt embarrassed and both of them just kept grinning for the whole time.

"Boyfriend... Hehehehehe...." Mingyu started laughing to himself during dinner and his Mother had chased him off to his room.

"You love obsessed idiot, go to your room and study." His Mother had nagged without suspicion.

The two had been messaging each other till 3am when the older gave in to fatigue and slept halfway through. Mingyu too went to bed, dreaming about what happened at the rooftop, their entwining hands and the words exchanged. He slept peacefully, a slight curl at the side of his lips.

To: My cute blank face Hyung
Subject: <3

You want something from me so early in the morning? Wake up my darling~ x x x
-
(Mingyu gagged at his own words before slamming his head into the pillow.)

From: My cute blank face Hyung
Subject: sheesh

So cheesy early in the morning. I'm still tired -.-
-
To: My cute face Hyung
Subject: By the way

Btw what's my name in your contacts? I'm curious (^-^)/ x x x
-
From: My cute face Hyung
Subject: -

Mingyu
-
To: My cute face Hyung
Subject: .-.

Wait that's it? Just Mingyu? Where's the heart?! Where's the sparkles?  (;_;) no more kisses for u
-
From: My cute face Hyung
Subject: fine

I changed it to 'Mingyu❤️'
Now give me my kisses xxx
-
To: My cute face Hyung
Subject: yay

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <33  ('ε` )
I wanna hear your voice~~
-
From: My cute face Hyung
Subject: no

No. It's the morning, my voice is still groggy.
-
To: My cute face Hyung
Subject: please

But I want to. (;_;)
-
From: my cute face Hyung
Subject: no

Just no.

To: my cute face Hyung
Subject: yes

I'm still going to call you.

Amused and cheeky, Mingyu tapped the call button and pressed his phone against his ear. He frowned when Wonwoo hanged up. That didn't deter him from making more calls. Mingyu was persistent, especially towards Wonwoo. Eventually, Wonwoo gave in and answered, much to the younger's delight.

"Mingyu... Did you have to call me so many times?" Mingyu chuckled, his heart gently beating as he heard Wonwoo's deep, hoarse voice.

"I like your morning voice." Mingyu said with a flirty tone.

"I'm not awake enough for this..." Wonwoo groaned casually.

There was the faint sound of something shuffling about, probably Wonwoo getting up from his bed. Mingyu thought of how Wonwoo would look like first thing in the morning, his hair messily covering his brows, his sharp eyes half open and his shirt loosely worn, revealing his defined clavicle. The best part would be if Wonwoo was just beside Mingyu in bed, gently brushing his hair to wake the younger up. Mingyu squealed internally and started blushing at his own imagination.

The sound of a door brushing against the floor woke Mingyu up from his fantasies.

"Hello, are you still there? Anyways, I need to go bathe. It's getting late." Wonwoo said.

"Ah sorry... I wanna see your body though." Mingyu giggled.

"No. Please don't."

"I'll definitely see it one day."

"Wait till that one day then." Wonwoo laughed and Mingyu pouted.

As much as he knew how much Wonwoo was shy, playing hard-to-get, it was pretty irritating. Mingyu love attention but now he had to try his best to get Wonwoo notice him, to let him go deeper into the latter's life. If only Wonwoo allowed him to that is. Mingyu sighed.

"You have to go now right? See you later then. " Mingyu spoke gently and hanged up.

It seemed like Mingyu was the only one who wanted to develop the relationship, hasten it a bit. He had to admit that he was thinking of doing all sorts of things to Wonwoo. Sure, Wonwoo was older but Mingyu did not want to be topped nor did he think he would.

It started a few days after the incident at the infirmary. Mingyu would day dream about the older, lying on his bed beside him as he woke up every morning. The Wonwoo in his dreams would still be asleep, his collar loose, exposing his collarbone. Wonwoo as he was sleeping was beautiful and Mingyu would often find himself salivating as he dreamed of the boy. He longed to see the real Wonwoo, sleeping comfortably beside him. He sighed.

"Take it slow. Baby steps in a relationship." He had read in books and guides to find your soulmate.

He knew he had to give Wonwoo ample time. Let the older be comfortable and do what he wants. Mingyu knew he must not advance too fast or pounce on the older. Him actually confessing to Wonwoo and demanding him for a reply at his doorstep was a bit too hasty and he was glad it turned out well. That three words on the rooftop too made Mingyu now delusional and tempted.

"I love you." They both had said at the same time, looking at each other's eyes.

Mingyu looked at Wonwoo's contact number as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. He was tempted. Very tempted.

Wonwoo on the other hand was just a bit more clingy but not enough. He would back out whenever the conversation gets too serious and intense. Mingyu knows that Wonwoo is a shy person but Wonwoo would just back out whenever the juicy parts came.

Give him time... Baby steps. Baby steps.

"Isn't it a bit too slow?!" Mingyu groaned.

Author's note:

My update in three days self made policy haha

I'm trying my best :D