Meraud

It was around Mid-day and the festival was going on forever; to be more precise the whole day. The king and queen had thrown their son, Meraud, a festival so that he could find a bride. Of course it amused you that he looked as bored as hell sitting up there. After many have shot their arrows, and failed, they decided to take a break. You on the other hand were helping out Maudie, the nursemaid. Poor women is always getting scared by Meraud's sisters. You think, no, you KNOW, that they got that from their father.

You and Maudie were walking to one of the tents to set down the plate of tarts and as you were setting it down, out of the corner of your eyes, you saw Hannah (Hamish) about steal a tart. As quick as you can, you stood at Maudie's side. "Maudie, could you do me a wee favor and go check if the tarts are okay?" you asked her kindly.
"Yes of course!" She quickly handed you the plate and made her way towards the tent. You chuckled and turned your attention to the hanging triplet. "What did I say about scaring the nursemaid?" You said as you crossed your arms and leaned on one foot.

"But we wanted a tart! Plus she is fun to mess around with!" Hannah giggled. You sighed as you placed a hand on your hip.
"Will three do for you?" You asked with a smirk.
"Make it 6 and we're good." You smiled as you gave the girl 6 tarts. She and the other triplets giggled as they disappeared off into the fair. You chuckled to yourself and turned towards the tent, only to run into something hard. "Watch where ya going lass!" you heard a deep voice chuckle. You smiled as you looked up to see that is it was Meraud.
"Why if it isn't the Prince of DunBroch! I feel honored to be in his Majesty's presence!" You giggled as you stepped back.

"Aye! You know how much I hate using that right?" He sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. His reddish-orange hair was messily tied back into a ponytail, some curly strands falling on his face. To be honest, he had matured greatly since the past few years. At first he looked like a handsome young man and now....well now you were looking at a man that was hand created by the gods. His chiseled face, the slight beard that's growing on his chin, his toned muscle and chest can make any lady swoon. Plus he's wearing a kilt, all the more better!

"So how is the hunt for the new bride going?" You asked him as you walked into the tent to put the platter of tarts down, hearing Meraud following you.
"It's getting annoying if ya ask me, lass. None of these women know how to aim a bow. And you know as much as I that I want someone that can at least shoot an arrow to the bloody bulls-eye."
"Just like me?" You asked him as you turned around. Yes, you did know how to shoot an arrow, and you did know how to ride a horse, especially Angus. Funny thing is that he took a liking to you. "Well you know if you do ever find a bride, your going to have to get your acceptance from Angus. He's not going to let just anyone ride him, let alone be your wife." You said as you began to walk out of a tent.

Suddenly you felt a grip on your arm and was pulled into a firm chest. The ends of your (F/C) dress finally settled on the ground and your (H/C) hair was settled as well. "Aye Lassie," Meraud said as he leaned his for head on yours and his large hands were firmly on your hips. "Just like you." Your heart began to beat faster, your face began to grow a little warm and your (E/C) orbs stared at his green orbs. You could've sworn that the gap between you two began to close. "So," you whispered, barely even audible. "One, or two?"
You saw a smirk plastered on his face. "Ya know me too well for your own good to know that answer lass"

You giggled as you stuffed his mouth with one tart. "One it is!" Meruad groaned as he used one of his hands to eat the tart while the other was around your waste. "SHOOT!" You heard a voice yell and then a sudden thunk. You arched an eye brow as you peered a look outside the tent. "Well Meraud, looks like you have a dinner date." You announced and faced him. He arched an eye brow and his smirk grew. "You aren't jealous now, are ye lass?"
You rolled your eyed and smirked.

"Oh by the gods yes! I'm burning with rage and jealousy! She is so beautiful and her name is exquisite too! Now I definitely know I have competition." You shook your head and chuckled as you walked out of his embrace and to the entrance of the tent.
"Well this is new. Who is it?" Meraud asked he walked to the entrance with you. He really was interested.
"Oh why madam Dingwall of coarse!" you giggled as you walked out of the tent, your hips having a hint of swaying.
"What?! Ugh!" You heard him groan. You laughed out loud as you began to walk back to the palace. "And make sure you put that second tart back!!" You called out to him before blending in with the crowd.

Meraud groaned, but then smiled as he took out the second tart he had stolen. "Aye lass," he chuckled as he tossed the pastry into the air and caught it. "Ye be the death of me." He sighed as he finished the tart he had already bitten and walked his way back to crowd. He grabbed a hooded cloak and his bow and arrows.