Meraud

It was another typical day at the castle. Today you were going to be learning from the queen herself, Queen Elinor. As much as she is a lovable mother, she is probably the strictest teacher you have ever been with. Even though you weren't a princess, Queen Elinor was determined to make you act like one. "Alright (Y/n) we're going to be working on your walk. As much as I see you sashaying like a true noble woman, you need to act far more superior." She stated as she handed you a book. "I've recently seen you walking with a little too much hip action." she stated as she pointed her pointer towards your hips.
"But-!"
"No buts! Now place that book on your head and start practicing how to walk like a proper, elegant and royal woman." Elinor said. Having no other option to escape her lessons, you placed the book on your head and thus begun your lessons. 

Hours had passed and you were at your wits end. You were tired and actually quit bored. Queen Elinor had taught you almost everything in the book. From sewing to how to talk to other nobles and royals, you swore she taught you everything the world had given. As of right now, you were sitting at a wooden desk while Queen Elinor explained the history of some neighboring country. Your mind was somewhere else however, well, more like on someone else and that someone was Meraud. You wondered what he was doing? Probably having a better time than you're having right no- "(Y/n) are you even listening?!" you heard someone say. "Huh?!" you shot up, blinking out of your train of thought and your little dream land. When you looked ahead, you saw a very agitated queen with her arms crossed. "(Y/n) learning about the other neighboring countries is key to making more allies." Queen Elinor explained. "Have you been writing notes?"
"Um..." you replied as she quickly snatched the parchment paper.

A displeased expression formed on her face and gave you a blunt look. "(Y/n) please you're not a child anymore. I swear you act like Meraud sometimes and that is not a compliment." Queen Elinor scolded.
"Oh mother now that is just mean." a deep voice said. You turned around and saw that Meraud stood there with his sword attached to his hip and a smug on his face. "Oh you know its true. I swear you could never learn anything and whine and complain." She said with pursed lips. Meraud sauntered over and hugged his mother. "But you know I love you mother." He said as he enveloped his arms around her shoulders. Queen Elinor sighed and gave up her agitated act and placed a gentle hand on her son's arm and a gentle palm on his cheek. "And I love you too." she said.
"Good, which means I can give (Y/n) a break!" Meraud said as he grabbed your hand and jerked you out of your seat, making you yelp in surprise. "Come on! Let's have an archery contest!" he said to you as he dragged you out of the room. You let out a giggle and caught up to his speed. "Well you know I'm already going to loose. I say we prank your dad." you grinned. Meraud stopped and looked down at you.
"(Y/n)," he said seriously. Your heart raced in fear of saying the wrong thing. Maybe something happened and you were not informed and it was a touchy subject. "That is the best idea yet." he said in the same tone and his eyes sparkled. "Its been too long since I pranked the old buffoon! Oh what should we do! Oh there are so many to choose from!" He blabbered as he began to tell you ideas. You smiled at the tall red head as his eyes twinkled like a child. There was a reason why you had a crush on this man, and this was one of the many traits you have fallen for.