Chapter 4

Riley sat quietly in class, tapping her foot, waiting for Farkle to show up. It was a half hour after class had started, and Farkle was always on time. 

The class ended, and Farkle was still not anywhere in sight. Riley ran outside, and saw a familiar Lamborghini. She ran to it. Farkle wasn't inside. She looked around, then started to walk home. She heard the car start from behind her, and stepped up onto the curb. 

Farkle drove by slowly. "Want a ride, Riles?"

She huffed angrily, but accepted anyway. She slid into the car and turned to face him, her arms crossed. 

"I can't believe you! One night we kiss, and the next you just don't come to class? At all?!" Farkle looked down.

"I'm sorry Riley I just needed to think."

"Think about this. I was in class, all alone, terrified of what might have happened to you! I just wanted you to come, but you weren't there!"

"I understand if you don't want to tutor me anymore." Riley bit down on her lip. She knew that she couldn't stay mad at him. 

"No, no Farkle, it's okay. I'm sorry I yelled. I was just scared, and afraid that another person I loved was gone."

"Wait. Love? You love me?"

"I-What? I didn't say that." She said, trying to be as convincing as possible. 

"Yes you did." He was smirking now. "You said you loved me and that you were afraid that I was gone. So you do care."

"Farkle stop it. Just drive me to the diner." He nodded once, then chuckled to himself.

"You like me, Riley Matthews likes me." She slapped his arm, trying not to laugh.

"You like me too." She shot back quickly. His ears turned a deep shade of pink and Riley grinned triumphantly. "I knew it!" She shouted.

"I-It's not like that. Riley, you..." He just rolled his eyes and pulled in, then got out to open her door for her. "I'll be here to pick you up in...?"

"Four hours. I'm working a double shift." He pouted but said nothing. She kissed his cheek, making him flush again, then skipped into the diner. 

Riley hummed along to the song playing as she swept the floor and did dishes. She really did like Farkle, and now that she knew he liked her, she was guaranteed to end up with him. Right?

No, she reminded herself, Love only gets in the way, plus you know how it turned out for you before.

She plopped down in a booth and thought about Farkle. His constant sarcastic comments, his cheesy but adorable smile. Those sparkling blue eyes that seemed to reflect his soul. 

Stop it Riley, she told herself, shaking her head. You're just gonna get hurt again.

But she couldn't listen. She liked Farkle, she really did. And the fact that he liked her too sent butterflies fluttering in her chest. 

When he came to pick her up, he was considerably more confident. Riley smiled, and grabbed his warm hand in her chilly ones. 

"Hey," She said quietly, grinning from ear to ear. 

"I missed you," He said, laughing a little and opening her car door for her. She got in quickly and they took off to the apartment building. 

When they got there, they started to study, but quickly got bored. They headed up to the roof with popcorn and took pictures as the sun set. They ordered dinner and sat quietly, just enjoying one another's company. 

Finally, it was eleven. It was quiet in the house. Riley lay on Farkle's lap, and he was asleep as well. Farkle sat lopsidedly and Riley snored softly. 

She suddenly jolted awake, sobbing a little. Farkle woke to her sobbing, and wrapped a comforting arm around her. 

"Shh, Riles, it's okay, shh. Go back to sleep." But she wouldn't be quieted.

"Farkle, it was a dream - about a car crash." He nodded slowly, he didn't know what she was talking about. "My friend Maya and I were driving home from a party. I was in the back, since I was tired, and she-she got hit by a car. He was a drunk driver, and Maya-she was in a coma for a long time. She just didn't wake up."

"Shh Riley, you'll be okay. Maya's-well, she's fine now." He didn't know if she was just delirious or if that "dream" had actually happened. He decided not to ask now. He just rubbed her back gently until she fell back asleep. 

He kissed her lips with little fireworks exploding inside his stomach. He left, shutting the door behind him. 

Riley stirred once more, now aware of him being no longer there. She frowned slightly, then fell back asleep quickly. 

Farkle got to his room and fell onto his bed, sighing audibly. Wow. She was something else. He couldn't even begin to explain how she made him feel. It was like the best day of his life every day that he spent with her. 

Now, to surprise her. 

OOH CLIFFHANGER!

Short little cute chapter that I had time for. LOVE YOU

Alli<3