Chapter 11

The next morning, Riley woke up with a certainty. She was going to get Farkle back. It was just a matter of how.

The smell of waffles wafted up to her room, and Riley hurried down to eat. Her messy hair and sweatpants suddenly made her stand out as she walked into the living room, where Lucas, Izzy, Shawn, Katy, and Josh were waiting to surprise her. 

Katy grabbed Riley in a hug, nearly knocking her off her feet. Ever since Maya had died, Katy thought of Riley as her own daughter too.

Josh hugged her next, and Riley jumped up, wrapping her arms around Josh's waist and looking into his eyes.

"I missed you Joshie." He laughed, and they all sat down to breakfast. It was hard, after all this time, for Riley to see her family. She had missed them, sure, but it was almost awkward. She felt like she was naked in front of a crowd, without Farkle.

There was no point in pretending anymore. Riley finished her breakfast and then loaded her dish into the dishwasher. 

She got up to her room and picked out a floral skirt, a white shirt, and sandals. It was time to show her family she was capable. She needed to prove her love to Farkle, and this was the only way to do it. 

This was going to be difficult, but she did it anyway. Riley filled her suitcase once more, grabbed some money from her savings account, and headed out into the world, towards Farkle. She was missing him, too much.

She took a cab to the airport, showed them her ID, and took a seat at the terminal, waiting impatiently for them to announce her flight. It was so painful, being away from Farkle, even for twenty-four hours. She needed him.

Pretty soon, she was boarding, and it was time for her to see Farkle again.

***

Little did she know, Farkle was in Seattle doing the exact same thing. He packed his bags and headed off to see Riley again, in New York.

The flight was delayed, because of some weather. But Farkle wasn't deterred. Either way, he would have his Riley back.

UGH I CAN'T THIS STORY HAS GONE DOWNHILL I'M SO LAZY I'M SORRY

I'LL DO MORE NEXT WEEK, SINCE I HAVE SPRING BREAK

I GOTTA GO TAKE A NAP

BYE LOVELIES

Alli<3