Chapter 8

Farkle woke up, groaning a little as the sunlight hit his closed eyes. He opened them reluctantly, then remembered. Last night, he had just found out that Riley had accidentally been a part of Penelope's death. He wasn't mad, he knew she hadn't done anything intentionally. 

And then she had kicked him out, just like that. He missed her, a lot. Farkle rubbed his eyes and slipped out of bed, clambering into the shower. The water was only a little hot, but it woke him up. He threw on a grey t-shirt and jeans before messing up his damp hair and walking down the hallway to Riley's room.

He knocked. Once, twice, until he heard a shuffling inside and put his hands in his pockets anxiously. She answered the door, her hair in a messy bun, without any makeup. She was in a pink sweatshirt and huge sweatpants. She still looked adorable anyway. 

"Riley, I think we need to talk." He could tell she had cried a little after he had left, and he just pulled her by the wrist into him, wrapping his arms around her. He never wanted to let go. He buried his face in her hair, kissing it and pulling back.

"Okay, Farkly." The way she said his name made him shiver, and he smiled at her.

"First, don't ever do that to me ever again. You just made me leave. I couldn't say no, because I want to respect you, but I couldn't leave. I'm always, I don't know, drawn to you in a way."

She smiled, and her nose crinkled. Farkle laughed at her cute face.

"You really are adorable, Riley Matthews." She blushed, and Farkle kissed her forehead. They sat on the couch, Riley sitting crosslegged right beside Farkle. He sat with his legs underneath him. They started to talk.

"I'm really sorry." Riley whispered, her voice cracking a little.

"For what?" Farkle asked, turning to her. "I don't blame you for anything, Riles. I'm not mad. How can  I get you to understand that? It wasn't your fault. Penelope, she could have made better decisions. You did the best you could. Now, we need to get over this slump. Come on, let's go." Farkle started to pull her out the door, against her protesting.

"I'm not dressed properly, my hair's a mess, and I have no makeup on!" She whined. 

"And you still look gorgeous." Riley just rolled her eyes and wrapped her arm around Farkle's waist, following him out to his car. 

"I still can't get over how awesome this car is." She laughed a little as Farkle lifted her into her seat. He buckled her, kissed her cheek like a gentleman, and got in his own side. 

He started up the car, listening yet again to the purr of the engine. He found a good position for his hands and started driving. Riley fell asleep, and he would stare at her while he was at every stop light. She was so beautiful when she was asleep. He couldn't wait to surprise her.

It was spring. She'd be leaving for home soon, he'd miss her. A lot. But he also knew there was no way Riley was staying, and from all the stories she had told him about her dad, he knew that Mr. Matthews would not be okay with him visiting. Unless... No, he thought to himself. That's a ridiculous idea, get it out of your head, Farkle. It's not gonna happen.

He pulled up to their first stop just as Riley woke up. She smiled when she saw their destination, and Farkle opened the door for her. Forever 21. Riley's favorite shop.

She squealed, looking around at all the dresses and shirts. Then she stopped, looking back at Farkle.

"I can't - we need to go home. I can't pay for any of this." She shook her head, looking at the floor. Farkle put a finger underneath her chin and lifted her face up to look into his eyes. 

"Consider it a late birthday present." He smirked as her eyes widened. She ran through all the racks, pulling clothes off of the hooks to try on. 

Once she had a reasonably large stack of tops, skirts, and dresses, she headed for the dressing rooms. 

She tried on several things, which were all shown to Farkle on her. He thought every single one looked amazing on her, but didn't tell her. Farkle knew she'd disagree, especially with the large pile that was now accumulating of clothes she no longer wanted. 

Finally, she decided on a flowy, sky blue, t-shirt dress. It was gorgeous, according to Riley. She had also picked out two skater skirts; one grey, one pink and floral. A lacy white cami had also made it into the stack, along with a few other miscellaneous clothing items. She managed to grab a pair of flowery sandals as Farkle was dragging her to the register. 

Farkle paid for it with one swipe of his credit card from his father. Riley quickly ran to change into her t-shirt dress and sandals that she had recently bought. She let her wavy auburn curls hang down around her shoulders, and flounced out to the car, Farkle in tow, carrying all her bags and her other clothes. 

He groaned under the weight, and she took a couple bags reluctantly, laughing at him under all the bright yellow bags. Farkle loaded them into the back of his car and got into the driver's side. It was a nice day for once in a long time, and they opened the windows and sunroof, letting in the warm sunlight and breezy wind.

Riley giggled as the drops of sunlight touched her lightly freckled nose. Farkle just kept driving. Finally, he pulled up to a little café.

Riley screamed quietly as she saw it.

"IT'S SO ADORABLE!" She exclaimed, tackling Farkle with a bear hug. He stumbled a little before catching her fully and squeezing her back just as hard. 

They walked in and Riley ordered a piece of chocolate lava cake with iced hot cocoa. Farkle got a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a fruit smoothie.

They sat and talked for a while. It rained lightly, and Farkle offered Riley his jacket, but she refused.

"I LOVE THE RAIN!" She cried out, running through puddles shamelessly. Farkle couldn't help but laugh. He loved Riley's childish personality, even if it was embarrassing. To be honest, he would have never changed if it weren't for Riley.

"Hey Riley!" He called her back, and she turned quickly on her heel, racing back towards Farkle Minkus. Her boyfriend. She kissed him on the lips in the rain, her hair sticking to her face. They just stood there kissing. 

"Farkle, I love you!" She whisper-shouted into his ear. He shuddered. He loved how this girl made him feel. 

"Love you too Riley." He whispered back. He kissed right by her ear, and she just giggled, kissing him again. 

Then they walked into the rain together, back to the car. They were an odd pair, yes, but a cute one. And everyone saw it. 

But it was only a few weeks now, and Riley would be going home. Farkle tried not to think about it too much, but he couldn't avoid it forever. It was coming, no matter what he tried to do.

Welp, there's another chapter.

I'm so sorry I've been lazy! But I have another two hours, I'm gonna try to update all my books.

LOVE YOU GUYS

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Alli<3