Epilogue

Riley stood at the threshold of her and Farkle's new house, marvelling at the soaring ceilings and pale yellow walls. The outside had been beautiful, the inside was just breathtaking. Every single detail and piece of decor was carefully crafted, and it nearly brought tears to Riley's eyes.

As she made her way into the kitchen, she saw how much work Farkle had put into this. A miniature model of the solar system hung above the dark oak kitchen table, and they each lit up in a different color. And there, far from the rest, hung little Pluto, Riley's favorite.

The counters were grey granite, and the panelled wood floors stood out nicely against the white cupboards. There was a huge window over the sink looking into the backyard. Farkle came up behind her and put his hands on her hips.

"Then you can look at our kids playing while you're washing dishes or when you're in the kitchen." Farkle commented. Riley hummed happily to herself, putting her hands over her protruding belly. She was due in a couple of weeks, with twins. A boy and a girl.

"Yeah, it'll be perfect. Thank you so much, Farkle." She turned her head and kissed his lips gingerly.

"I love you, Riles." 

"And I love you, Farkle." Riley whispered. Farkle helped her up the stairs, to look at the five rooms that stood. The first was the master bedroom, for the both of them, with an adjoining bathroom. The second was the guest bedroom, with a queen bed and plush speckled carpet. The third and fourth rooms were for prospective future children, and the last was the nursery, for the twins. 

"It's gorgeous!" Riley gushed as she walked into the room. 

One side was painted a pastel pink color, with an adorable crib filled with fluffy blankets and stuffed toys. A mobile was suspended over it, with little animals going in soft circles. 

"I'm glad you like it." Farkle muttered, grinning from ear to ear. 

The opposite side of the room was painted baby blue, and a crib identical to the first stood in front of the wall. Only, the toys and blankets were primarily in shades of blue, instead of the pinks of the other side. One side for each of them. 

In the corner, there were two rocking chairs that were exactly the same. Riley assumed it was so that her and Farkle could each rock a baby to sleep at the same time. In another corner, there was a changing table and a garbage bin. 

The window was cracked open a little, letting in the cool September breeze. The gauzy curtains blew lazily in the wind, and the mobiles spun in small circles.

Farkle looked at Riley, spinning around in the dimly lit room, marvelling at the beauty of the whole house. She ran to Farkle and wrapped her arms around him, touching her forehead to his. 

"You are the most wonderful husband ever." She spoke under her breath, causing Farkle to lean closer to hear her. 

"And you are the most amazing, talented, and beautiful wife ever, Riley Minkus." Riley shivered, and Farkle laughed, kissing her gently. 

They pulled back, and went back downstairs to look at the backyard. There was a playset, a sandbox, and a couple of soccer balls in assorted baskets. It was absolutely perfect for Riley, and she absolutely adored every bit of it. This was their new future together.

A few years later, Riley stood in the backyard, watching as Farkle tried to teach their son, Sammie, how to play soccer. Sammie would kick the ball, hitting Farkle in the shins, and Farkle would groan. Riley could tell Farkle wasn't having much fun, but it was for the kid.

As for their other child, Bella, she was clinging to Riley's leg, a thumb in her mouth and a stuffed lamb hanging from her other hand. "Momma, swing me?" She asked hopefully, staring up at Riley with Farkle's blue eyes.

"Yes, my baby girl." She swung Bella up into her arms, making the small girl squeal with excitement. Riley ran her to the swing and set her in it, pushing the swing forcefully. Bella screamed, first in fear, then once she realized she wasn't in danger, she screeched with joy. 

Bella was a very...vocal child. She liked to use either her voice or her screaming to get what she wanted or to express her feelings. Sammie was much different. A relatively quiet child, he liked to play soccer with his Dad and build endless inventions with his Legos. 

The swing gradually slowed, then stopped. Not for long. "Momma, push me!" Bella shouted, a huge grin plastered on her face. Her eyes were glowing, and her wavy brown hair blew gently in the wind. Riley took a deep breath and set her off again, flying back and forth.

"Riley, we should probably take them in soon." Farkle commented, noting the setting sun. Riley glanced at her watch, her eyes widening at the time. She hadn't realized it was so late. Since it was summer time, the sun didn't set for a while, and it was nearing 8:30 now. 

Farkle scooped Sammie up off the ground, setting the soccer ball in a basket and racing Riley to the front door. Riley already had Bella in her hands, and they were all laughing as they barrelled into the house and up the stairs. 

Riley and Farkle took the kids to their room and helped them into their pajamas. Bella had unicorn pajamas and Sammie had Batman ones. They each got tucked into bed and then Riley read some stories. Finally, the kids were asleep, and Farkle and Riley made their way to their room, falling back onto the bed. 

"Wow, it's been a long day." Riley commented with a bit of a laugh. Farkle joined her, then their hands found each other. The fingers wrapped around one another, and Riley turned on her side to face Farkle. 

"Yeah, it really has, hasn't it?" Farkle asked slightly sarcastically. Riley kissed him and they continued on like that. Neither of them could have been happier about how they had ended up. They had two beautiful children, and that was already more than Riley could ask for. They were ecstatic together, and that was more wonderful than words could describe.

ALRIGHT HOPE YOU LIKED IT LOVE YOU ALL

Alli<3