29- I can't stay mad at you forever.

Listen to the song while reading.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 29

          Hanna’s P.O.V.

            Noah and I were walking in the woods, holding hands and laughing. He would tell me a corny joke, and I would laugh, telling him his jokes suck.

            “But I got you to smile, so that’s all that matters." He said, with that goofy smile on his face. I giggled and pulled him in for a sweet kiss.

            Suddenly, I heard three loud bangs. I pulled away from Noah, and he was vanishing.

            “Noah! Noah!”

            “Noah!” I yelled and shot up from my bed. I put my face in my hands, another dream of Noah. It was going to kill me slowly, having dreams of him every night. I knew they would never be my reality again. Three more bangs and I hastily got up from my bed and followed the source. Someone was knocking on my door, and judging by the time of night, it could be a serial killer, or worse.

            I opened the door, and the person behind it surprised me. It was Nova. She had tears in her eyes, and she looked like a complete wreck. I motioned for her to come inside, because anything she had to say must be interesting, she’s alienated me for a while now.

            “First off, you look terrible.” She sniffled in agreement. “Second off, why are you at my house at 3am? It’s kind of clear that you no longer want to be friends with me…”

            She looked at me with a regretful look in her eyes, “I know. And I’m sorry, it’s just my dad and I got in an argument and I drove to Derek’s house and cried for hours and now I’m here,  I just-”

            “Slow down speedy Gonzalez! Start from the beginning, and tell me everything.” I grabbed her wrist and looked her dead in the eye, “And I mean everything.”

            And that’s exactly what she did, from the moment the killer werewolf crashed the college party, to finding out Derek’s secret, to Noah’s death, and finally to what happened tonight. I scolded her for hunting, because it was just about the most idiotic thing you could do. I also listened to her, and her worries that her father might not be the man he says he is.

            “I don’t know, Nova. I suppose you should trust him until he gives you a reason not to.”

            She sniffled, and laughed lightly, “Yeah, I guess so.” She had this look in her eyes, like she just realized something. “Oh my God Hanna! I woke you up at 3am to cry for an hour, I should- I should go. You probably hate me anyway.”

            I laughed, “Don’t be silly, I'm not mad. And even if I was, I can't stay mad at you forever! You can stay the night here. Come on, let’s go to my room.” I ushered her into my room, and tossed her a pair of my pajamas. She slipped them on, muttering a thank you, and we climbed into my bed.

            It was silent for a few minutes, and I figured Nova had fallen asleep, but out of nowhere she said, “I miss him so much, Hans.”

            I didn’t need to ask her who she was talking about, because the answer was obvious. “I do too, I do too.”

            She didn’t say another word, and we both drifted off to sleep.