2. Finalizer

--Kylo Ren--

The control room is dark except for the glowing projection of the Supreme Leader. Hux and I stand before him, updating him on our progress in the search for the scavenger. Hux is visibly nervous, which I find rather amusing.

"We have not been able to locate the girl, but if I hadn't been-"

Snoke cuts Hux off with a sharp wave. "I don't want excuses, General Hux, I want results. She's just a girl, untrained and inexperienced. You say she is no match for you and your troops, so how has she evaded you for so long? What good are you to me if you cannot track down a simple scavenger? This is your last warning, General. Bring her to me within the month or I will find someone more capable to command your troops. You are dismissed."

I look over at Hux and smirk. He glares at me before spinning on his heel and storming out of the room. I turn to follow him, but I'm stopped by Snoke calling my name.

I turn back to face the hologram and meet Snoke's gaze. "Yes, Supreme Leader?" I'm not sure what he's going to say, but I know it's nothing too bad. I am, after all, his favorite.

"What of your mental connection with the girl?"

"I can't be sure of its purpose, but I know it formed when I was questioning her about the location of Skywalker. My belief is that it happened when she used my power to get inside my mind." I look down, still ashamed of my weakness.

"Is she aware of the connection?" Snoke asks, thankfully not dwelling on my past mistakes. Like I said: favorite.

"I don't believe she is, but I'll know for sure once I figure out how to utilize it. She can't hide from me once I do."

Snoke leans back in his throne-like seat and the corner of his mouth twitches, which is the closest to a smile he's going to get. "Very good. Keep me up-to-date on your progress. Bring her to me, Kylo Ren, and I will reward you greatly."

"Thank you, Supreme Leader." I bow slightly and watch as his image fades.

Footsteps rapidly approach and I look up to see a furious Hux approaching. "You arrogant, self-righteous little prick!" He yells, standing toe-to-toe with me. I stare evenly at him, feeling bored.

"What's the problem this time?"

"You know very well what the problem is! You sabotaged my search so you could get back on Snoke's good side!" Hux's face is now the color of his hair, and I would be irritated with his accusations if his anger wasn't so amusing.

"If something went wrong under your command, I believe the blame falls on you, does it not? I did not sabotage anything, but I accept your apology. Besides, why would I sabotage you when you do a perfectly good job of it yourself?" I lean in closer, towering over him, and he takes a step back. "But next time you accuse me of something, I won't be so forgiving. Keep that in mind," I growl. I step around Hux and leave the room, sliding my mask over my head on the way out. Passing troopers and technicians straighten up and avoid eye contact as I walk down the corridors of the Finalizer.

Captain Phasma falls into step beside me, armor gleaming under the harsh lighting. "Sir, I have news on FN-2187. My troops on Coruscant have spotted him and the Resistance pilot near the old Senate building of the Republic. Their motives are unclear at this point but it is believed they are on assignment from the Resistance."

I try not to sound too disinterested. "Good work, Captain. Thank you for the update."

"But sir!" She hurries to catch up to me. "What are your orders? Shall I tell my troops to capture them, or--"