Chapter 8: Souless

"Blackheart who's he." I asked nervously.

"A powerful demon he's the son of as you called him the devil but he usually goes by Mephistopheles, nothing but pure evil, your grandfather took him down when he first became the rider, but he escaped his prison in hell with the help of other trapped demons, he's weak and his powers are limited, that's where you come in."

"What do you mean where I come in?"

"He needs a drop or two of your blood, but I don't believe i've introduced myself Carter Slade." The old guy acknowledged introducing himself, not offering his hand.

"Like the story, I guess they were true, though I've should have guessed." I thought shaking my head.

"Stories? Ahh right the ones you were told when you were little." Carter answered like the knew all about me.

"I'm not even going to ask how you know that but if you know about the story than you know that in one of them the story you found peace, so what happened?" I couldn't resist.

"That's a story ya don't need to hear, so lets just say I'm supposed to help you control your ability and make sure you know everything you need to know."

"So what do I need to know." I moved standing up straight.

"How to control yourself, I'm sure that when that sun sets you'll be quite the hellion, so we'd better get to it but you are different than the others." The man seemed troubled..

"What do you mean different than the others." For some reason I got angry.

"You were born without a soul." The looked studying my features.

"What do you mean no soul everyone has a soul." I answered with anger.

"You see that anger you have, is rage that boils when your mad, ever have the thought when something really sad happens and you know ya should be upset and you don't cry or care if someone dies?"

He must of saw the look on my face because he smiled saying. "I thought so."

"That's so impossible, I still don't believe you but say if I did the rider came from my mom's side right so wouldn't that mean she had a soul doesn't she and my dad he's human so..." I trailed.

"So you assume you should have one? Doesn't work that way kiddo, think of it this way your mother was born with a soul...You following?" He stopped letting me catch up.

"Go on." I nodded.

"She was born with a soul but then she became the rider she didn't next you were born when she was still the rider, later you turned which was a huge problem so when the devil found out he went to your mother with a deal she took it she gave up the rider for both of you and got her soul back but since when you were unborn and your mother turned while pregnant with you, you had no soul ever and a soul can't just be made, thus you are the rider born without a soul." The old man explained this like he had told it a million times before.

"I still don't get it."

"Never mind kid we don't have time you should stay here until it happens."

"I can't I have to go home and besides tomorrow I have school." I complained thinking of that new hell hole no pun attend.

"You can't go home they'll probably be waiting they'll be watching." Carter answered like I was crazy for even wanting to go home.

"I don't care I know Macy and Sasha are terrible but Mitch is still my dad." I responded trying to walk out that door that lead to the door going out the church.

Carters arm stopped me however when he put it on my arm making me turn to look at him.

"If they get you..."

"They won't if you say I'm as special as you think then I'll be good and careful, Promise now let go of my arm." I looked down at where his hand was."

"You go and I can't promise it will end well." He let go of my arm but still looked like he was trying to make me stay.

"Bye Carter." I whispered going out the door walking to the entrance. Leaving behind the only key I had to answers I wanted unlocked."

So you guys I'm so excited I just heard that there might just might be a female Ghost Rider movie. Nicolas Cage supports it and says he won't return for a third movie. Any ways this news just made me want to wright and wright so expect two new Chapters coming out soon. Since share and share my story for the hopes this Rider fan may have a chance for her story to be the next movie!

Later

TwistedMidnight