Chapter 15: Loving Father

With my mother's words in my head I speed down the winding back alleys figuring out Marcys phone call to the police would mean they would be looking for me. Oh joy. The hospital was a big tall white building with big bay windows and six stories high. The inside of the hospital was bright colored and cheerey which was far from the clean sterile feeling other or most usual hospitals. Before I entered I had parked my bike behind the hospital in the woods that lay dark and silent.

Walking up to the reception desk I asked which room Sasha Dregman was residing in only for a voice to intrude my thoughts.

"Allison." My father stood by the coffee machine down the hall.

"Dad." I walked fastley down the corridor making sure no one was watching or looking for me.

"How is she?" I asked referring to Sasha.

My dad sighed sitting down on one of the chairs. "She lost the baby, but other than that she's just banged up."

Sitting down beside him I felt a sharp pain in my throat noticing that to be the rider wanting out, ignoring it I continued the conversation.

"Does anyone know how she fell down the stairs?"

My father didn't reply just shook his head.

Turning from him I thought it about moms words earlier about how my dad would do anything for money and Power. My dad must have saw my expression because of his reply.

"There not here, the police."

I ignored that even though a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. "Dad let's take a walk, I needed to ask you about somethings."

After watching me for a while he got up and started walk signaling for me to follow.

"What do you want to know?" He asked as we walked outside to the cold night air.

"Moms intown and she said something about you and I need some answers." I asked wearily.

"Ask away."

"When you were married did you, I don't know how to say this but huh did you notice anything strange about mom."

Creasing his eyebrows. "What Kind of strange."

"Did..she you know ever have this strange addiction to.. I don't know fire or stay out late."

"You don't have to be so bleak I know you know what you are." He asked angry.

"Wait a moment you've known all this time and never said anything." I asked with equal anger.

"If you know what happened obviously your mother told you the deal I made with him."

"What deal who's he." I asked confused.

"You don't have to play stupid, really I'm glad she told you I'm tired of playing a loving father."

Knowing I wasn't going to get any answers this way I decided to play along.

"She didn't go into specifics she said you would."

"Huh so like her, in order for me to become the success I am today I made a deal to impregnate Johnny Blazes daughter and marry her." He told me like he had said this a million times over.

What were my feelings then well ill tell you they weren't exactly happy and full of bunnies like in one of those girly girl movies.

"You want to know what the best part about this whole mess was?" My father asked me laughing.

I just looked up at him motionless.

"It was to easy for you to think I cared about you, when in truth your death is the only thing that is going to bring me and Blackheart the things we want."

And then the world went black.

The Born Riderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें