One

"Alice."

"Alice."

"Wake up."

Two hands grab my shoulders and shake me from my slumber.

The sleep glues my eyes together. My throat is dry and cracked like the Sahara desert. After the initial panic from being jumbled from my sleep is over, I look over to the culprit.

Just as I expected.

Lilly.

"You were talking again." Seriousness laced in her frown.

"Are you sure you weren't just imagining it?"

"No, you are mumbling. I can't exactly catch what you are saying though. What were you dreaming about?"

"Him." I whisper and dig my fingers into the blankets wrapped around me.

"It's been three months. You'll grow out of it soon Alice."

"It's so hard." My voice wavers.

"He musta' been one heck of a man." Lilly wraps her arms around me.

I swallow the knot in my throat and rub my eyes.

"You'll get better. Ive just gotta help."

Oh no.

She's got a plan.

I look over at the clock and to my surprise its 10:34 am.

I smell the burnt bacon drifting from downstairs.

"Want some breakfast?" Lilly laughs.

I pull an all famous fake grin on my face and start my trip down the stairs. When I get to the kitchen mom is shuffling around in her robe, attempting to cook breakfast. Pots and pans are scattered around the kitchen.

"Oh, this is the fifth pack of bacon! And the sixth pan!" Mom fusses and slaps more bacon on the pan.

"Let's just go to Ihop." I suggest and Lilly nods.

"Ok."

I'm supprized she didn't argue.

But then again I'm not.

Mom takes off her robe and has pajamas underneath.

"Pajamas?" I ask.

They both nod their heads.

Mom grabs her keys and we hurry out of the door. Me and Lilly sit in the back seats as usual. Mom starts the car and turns the radio on.

104.5, of course. Our local pop channel. (A/n this is actually the pop channel where I live, but don't look it up and stalk me ;) )

Irresistible by fall out boy comes on and my mom is jamming.

She rolls down the windows and sings to the people in the car next to us.

"It's ir-resisti-iiiiib-le ohhhhhhh yeah!" She points and the elderly couple and they turn their heads.

She continues, "your second hand smoke! Second hand smoke!".

As soon as the light flashes green they teleport away, leaving me and Lilly in a laughing fit.

Which leaves me thinking, I'm laughing. I'm having a good time.

Maybe I will get over this.

The song goes off and the man from the station begins talking.

"we're giving away tickets to see Twenty One Pilots and fall out boy in their one time only concert! But only to the first caller!"

Lilly pulls out her phone so fast I couldn't blink.