Mixed Up | 6 ☯

MALAKAI'S P.O.V

I rolled over to find the alarm clock next to me, reading 1:43 P.M., bright and bold. Thankfully my mother doesn't bother to ever try to wake me up, and waking up for high school isn't an issue anymore. 

I turned away from the clock, burying my head beneath my pillow. I can still smell her perfume on my clothes, I can still feel her hair running between my fingers, I can still feel her lips on mine. I can't get the image of those bright blue eyes out of my mind, it's driving me crazy. Feeling her eyelashes on my cheek, her fingertips tracing my back. I did it, I kissed Nataleigh Ellis last night.

My mother intruded on my thoughts, causing my smile to snap back into a pout. "You ever going to get your ass out of bed today?" She probed, opening all my curtains. 

"I don't know, you ever going to knock?" I fired back, my voice muffled from beneath the pillow on my head. 

I felt her sit on the bed and before I could react, she was tossing my pillow across the room. "I'm your mother, I don't need to knock." My cover is now gone and the sunlight is making my eyes burn a little.

"Can I help you with something, mom?" I asked, sitting up and stretching my body out. 

She made a face, narrow eyes and furrowed brows as she kept leaning closer to me. 

"Do you mind?!" I repeated, scooting away from her. "What is your issue?!"

"Who were you with last night?"

"Chris, why?" I lied, getting up and pulling my shirt over my head, inhaling her scent for that split second before I tossed it directly into my laundry pile.

She remained on my bed, just eyeing me up and down while I rummaged through my t-shirt drawer and pulled out a black Nike shirt. "Chris doesn't smell like Victoria's Secret perfume."

I glanced at her, narrowing my eyes. "If you're trying to accuse me of something, go ahead and say it."

In my mind I knew she secretly hoped I had spent my night with Sam, but I didn't, and I couldn't be happier about it.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, my love," She stood, making her way over to me. My mom wrapped her arms around me, but I was limp. I didn't reciprocate the hug, not even when she rested her head on my chest. "I just hope you're making good decisions."

Thoughts of Nat flooded my mind. Her brown curly hair, the little peaks of blonde in it. Her big blue eyes, I've never seen anything like them, not even the moon would be a fair comparison.

My mom was looking up at me, she noticed the smile that formed on my face. I couldn't control it, I didn't know what I was feeling anymore.

"When am I going to meet her?" She asked, leaning back so she could view my entire face, she studied it carefully. It's so weird how moms know exactly what you're thinking sometimes.

I reached behind me and unwrapped her arms from around my torso and walked over to my closet to pick out a pair of shoes. Of course she followed behind me like a lost dog. She always did.

"I don't know, mom." I replied quickly, not even looking back at her.

"Why don't you invite her over for dinner tomorrow? What kind of food does she like?"

"Italian." I sighed. The thought of Nataleigh coming to my house to meet my mom actually terrifies me. My mom won't accept her because she isn't Samantha. Sure, Nataleigh's white, but that won't be good enough for her.

"So it's settled." She left my room before I could even turn to stop her. What the hell was I going to do now?

I reached in my pocket after pulling a black pair of Nike Roshe's  down from my closet and grabbed my phone, dialing that now-familiar number.