Murphy's Law

*Re-Edited*

AN: This chapter is kind of irrelevant. I'm thinking of deleting it from this story entirely because its that irrelevant. You don't have to read it but if you want to, be my guest.

Anya was sitting by the fire pit with an angry look on her face. I approached her. She stared into the fire and didn't move as I sat next to her.

"Joyla," she said, "Have you noticed anything different about Lincoln. I know you two are close."

I didn't really see Lincoln as often as I used to. Ever since the Sky People have arrived, we've barely spent time together. I was too busy with Anya and Arin and Lincoln was too busy with whatever he was working on.

"Um, not really Anya. Is something wrong?" I asked.

Anya looked at me and her eyes scanned my face, seeing whether I was lying or not.

"No, not really." She replied before she got up and left.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I avoided Anya as much as I could. I couldn't find Lincoln anywhere either. One person I did manage to find was Arin. I found it extremely difficult to stop thinking about him.

I didn't think about him in a romantic way. I just couldn't stop thinking about our time in the cave. It seemed like he was finally opening up to me and showing a different side of himself and I couldn't help but want to know more.

Arin however didn't want to open up any more than he did before. When I tried talking to him, it seemed like our relationship hadn't changed in the slightest. He kept brushing me off and made me feel like a burden to him. When I did leave him alone though, I would catch him staring at me from time to time.

Arin is by far the strangest person I've ever met.

AN: The episode Murphy's Law is centered around Murphy and Charlotte so it was hard to write a chapter with Joyla in it without her being in a tree the whole time which would've gotten too boring and complicated for me.

I hope you liked it though!!!