I Am Become Death

*Re-Edited*

I felt as if I've been running for hours, but it's probably only been twenty minutes. My legs were burning and it hurt to breathe, but when I saw the firelight from my clan I forced my legs to run faster.

One minute away.

I thought of Lincoln and Anya and Arin.

Thirty seconds away.

How is he? Did he miss me? Did he look for me?

Fifteen seconds away.

I pulled Bellamy's jacket off of my body and threw it to the forest floor.

I braced myself as I propelled out of the trees and into the busy camp. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I looked at all of the familiar faces and felt my eyes start to water. I didn't realize how much I've missed everyone until now.

Some faces I've never spoken to yet recognized.

"Joyla?"

I looked to my left and saw him. Before I knew it, I engulfed him in a hug. When I did, I instantly felt more relaxed and safe.

Arin.

I don't know what I feel for him, I just know that I care about him. A lot.

"Arin." I said breathlessly. My voice was slightly muffled. I felt his strong arms encircle me and squeeze tightly. I didn't want to move. I just wanted to stay in this moment forever, with Arin.

Arin was the first to pull away. His hands cupped my face.

"What did they do to you? Did they hurt you?" He asked in a dangerously low voice. I knew he was furious.

I wanted to say yes because they did hurt me. But if I said yes, he'll go after them. He'll go after Bellamy. So, I shook my head.

"No, I'm alright." I said.

His beautiful brown eyes searched mine before he nodded his head, choosing to believe me. He leaned his head down slightly so he could kiss my forehead and I leaned into his touch.

"Joyla?" Arin and I looked up at the person who interrupted our blissful moment with one another. It was Anya. She had a bandage on her shoulder from the bullet wound she received at the bridge earlier.

I smiled at her and moved to give her a hug. Surprisingly, she didn't push me away.

She wasn't much of a hugger. She tended to show her affection, if she had any, through her words or actions.

I pulled away first.

"Come, Joyla, Arin. I have some things to discuss with you." She said after a short moment of silence.

I looked back at Arin with scrunched up eyebrows, silently asking him if he had any idea what she wanted to talk about. He just shrugged his shoulders in reply and we followed Anya to the secluded area she selected.
------------------------------------------------------

"We have to plan retaliation." Anya announced. I felt my eyes widen.

"No." I replied harshly, "That would just be adding fuel to the fire."

"A fire they started." Anya responded. I looked at Arin, silently begging him to agree with me.

Anya usually took Arin's opinions and advice seriously.

Arin looked back at me and I could tell he was debating his decision. He had a small frown on his face.

"They captured you and Lincoln. And from what I've seen of Lincoln, they tortured him. They shot Anya and killed some of our people at the bridge." He said. I scoffed and looked away from him, suddenly angry.