Chapter 16

Chapter 16
◄◄◄

I was sitting beside Rixton at a deserted spot in the back of the cafeteria, rambling on and on without stopping.

"Are you done yet?" Rixton asked me, his tone dry and cold. I shrugged. "I can never stop talking. Haven't you noticed that by now, Rix?"

Rixton stiffened and I tried not to smirk as he slowly turned his head to glare at me.

"What. Did. You. Call. Me?" he said slowly, putting great emphasis into each word.

"I called you Rix. Why, is something wrong?" I asked casually, adjusting the strap of my purse on my shoulder.

Rixton just scowled. "Don't call me that," he snapped, and I laughed lightly. "Someone is moody!" I teased, nudging his shoulder playfully.

Rixton went rigid, and I thought I saw something flash in his black eyes, but as quick as it had come, it was completely gone. I tried not to feel curious and instead pointed at the other kids, mingling about at tables. "So, are they always so fearful of you all the time?" I asked him curiously.

Rixton didn't seem phased by this question. He just shrugged and brushed his bangs lazily from his eyes. "Yeah, I guess," he muttered.

"You know, you don't talk much," I pondered aloud, tapping my chin thoughtfully. Rixton glanced at me and snorted. "You talk too much," he shot back. I wiggled my eyebrows playfully, grinning. "What can I say? I have a wonderful way with words," I boasted, flipping my blonde hair back. Totally Justin Bieber style.

Just kidding! I hate that guy. Sorry to all those Beliebers.

Just then, my phone started ringing in my purse.

"Can't you see that your smothering me? Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control, and everything that you thought I would be, is falling apart--"

I cut the music off and answered the phone.

"Hello. Who this be?" I asked cheerfully, knowing full well who the person was.

"Your stalker!"

I laughed. "Nice try, Ty. I gave you a special ring tone for when you call, remember?" I said, rolling my eyes at my friend-- well, brother's basically-- stupidity.

"Oh... yeah. What is it? You changed it from Happy to something else, but I forgot what," Tyler asked me.

"Numb, by Linkin Park," I told him, noticing how Rixton had tensed when he heard me talking to Tyler. What was that about? He's strange, that boy.

"Um, Tyler, you realize your supposed to be at class, right?" I asked him cautiously. I was right; it was 8:27, and we get released for classes at 8:30.

"Yes, I am aware. Can't I just talk to my lil' sis?" Tyler asked happily, causing me to scoff.

"Your supposed to be in class already! And can't you talk to Suz?" I demanded, scowling. That boy, sometimes... honestly, he has the mind of a mouse.

"La, la, la, la, la, la, la!"

I frowned and pushed the phone away from my ear.

"What was that about?" I asked finally, pulling it closer again. "I don't know. I got restless," Tyler said nonchalantly. I sighed, shaking my head in disapproval. "You are such a dork," I teased him. "And you are such a nerd," Tyler taunted back. I laughed and then glanced again at the time. 8:29.

"I've got to go," I told Tyler, then added, "Get to class, or else!"

Tyler laughed and said, "Yes, Mom." I smiled. "You got that right," I told him sternly before saying, "Love you, Ty. Tell Suz I love her, too. And remember; try not to annoy the teachers too much."

I could almost see Tyler smiling as he replied, "Yeah, sure Ari."

I grinned and then said, "Bye, Ty." I then hung up.

I slid my phone back into my purse and glanced up at Rixton, whose pale pink lips were drawn into a straight line, his posture tense, his oblivion gaze focused intently on the floor.

"What's up?" I asked him, smiling lightly. "Nothing!" Rixton snapped, and I raised my eyebrows. "Someone's moody," I teased, but Rixton just looked away. "Shut up," he mumbled crossly, causing me to sigh.

What had I done wrong?

It's always something wrong, darling, but what I'm saying is that, well, Rixton wasn't as moody until after Ty called.

What are you implying, brain?

Maybe he's.... jealous.

Ha! Nice one.

But I failed to see the way Rixton tensed when I answered the phone and talked so cheerfully to Ty, or the way he lightly tapped his foot in impatience.... waiting for me to continue talking-- 'annoying'-- him.

(A/N: Hey, guys. I'm sorry for going 2 days without an update, and then having this one so short... I'm sorry! :(

I just have issues going on at school, and my Grandma's birthday is coming up soon and I have no clue of what to get her, and I have a History presentation, and my Poetry Slam or whatever assignment.

Ugh!

I'm sorry to keep you waiting and make up for it with such a revolting chapter :'(

I tried to add at least some drama... I failed, didn't I?

Brain: Yes, you did.

Ariana: You did great! Believe in yourself!

Rixton: I hate you all....

Me: Haha I love you all, too!

Anyway... that wraps up this short chapter. I hope you at least enjoyed it; we all need a bit of Rixton/Ariana in our lives, don't we? Yes, we do!

So enjoy! :)

And don't forget to: VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW ME.

Thanks!)