The Moon

I sat alone, in my room, sleepy and crying quietly. When the monsters had come up, to the surface, one stayed behind.

Flowey.

It was odd, the love I felt for such an evil little plant. But he had actually grown to care about me, and just when we could have lived together on the surface...

He stays behind, pushes me past the barrier and makes Sans help me up. It had been a year or so, and I was still upset over it. I guessed he went back to the area we met, by the hole. I knew he could see the moon. And I always pretended I was talking to him through it, like a phone.

"I know you're somewhere out there,

Somewhere far away.

I want you back.

I want you back."

Tears dripped down my face as I sung, quietly and sadly, my voice scratchy with sleepiness. My friends were all worried about me, thinking I needed to let go. How could I, I lost the one I loved.

"My neighbors think I'm crazy.

But they don't understand.

You're all I had.

You're all I had."

Small lights blinked out form the sky, dark and wide. Was Flowey as lonely as the moon, up there alone amoung to many stars?

"At night when the stars light up my room,

I sit by myself talking to the moon.

Trying to get to you.

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too.

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?"

Of course I'm a fool. I'm depressed, void of any emotion but deep, deep sadness, hanging onto my good sense. A few times before I had glanced at pills too long, or at my kitchen knives.

"I'm feeling like I'm famous,

The talk of the town.

They say I've gone mad.

Yeah, I've gone mad."

He wanted me to be happy. I have no idea why Flowey stayed down there, but he did, and I was alone. I wasn't happy, how could I be? This was absolutely torturous, not knowing if he was okay. If he was as lonely as I was, as stressed as I was.

"But they don't know what I know,

Cause when the sun goes down,

Someone's talking back.

Yeah, they're talking back."

At times I could swear I heard him whisper something, a few small words. I guessed what they were, but I think I'm wrong. Or crazy.

"At night when the stars light up my room,

I sit by myself talking to the moon.

Trying to get to you.

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too.

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?"

I wiped away my tears and sighed.

"Ahh... Ahh... Ahh..."

Silence, from the outside and me.

"Do you ever hear me calling?"

I walked over to my window and out my hand on it, where the moon was.

"'Cause every night I'm talking to the moon.

Still trying to get to you,

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too.

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?"

The crying was softer now, and I decided to go to my garden. The door was down the hall, and I pushed it open as I ran to the middle of my yard.

"I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away."

I laid down, and closed my eyes. I was about to sleep, when I heard a quiet voice.

"I'm sorry."

I whipped my head up, turning, and saw Flowey, sitting there, sad and dejected.

"No, no, oh, my god no, don't be, is it...really you?"

He looked up at me, smiling a bit.

"Yeah, who else would it be?"

I moved to him and laid by him, tired and happy.

"Did you hear me talking to the moon this past year?"

He didn't answer, just looked at the sky. He rested by me, and his lips moved in a slight, silent,

"Thank you."