6. The mall

Once I pulled into Courtney's driveway, I pulled my phone off the charger texted her I was here. While I waited I started switching through the radio stations. Not liking anything I heard, I put in a CD.

When Courtney finally came out of her house and got in the car, I turned down the music. She gave me a short breathless smile.

"Are you tired from walking it here?" I asked my friend in a shocked voice.

"Don't judge me," she said defensively. "Just drive woman!" She added laughing.

I shook my head slightly and put the car into reverse and pulled out of her driveway. Carter only lives a few blocks down from Courtney so we got to Carters house in no time.

We started towards the mall, it was about a 20-30 minute drive from Carters house. They were gossiping about some basketball player getting a sophomore girl pregnant.

As soon as we passed a Taco Bell I watched Carters eyes light up. For a girl who is so thin and has a perfect body she eats so much. She would eat tacos all the time of she could afford to. And as for Courtney, well she was extremely picky about what she ate. She was so afraid of gaining so much as a pound.

The second I pulled into the mall parking lot Courtney and Carter starting squealing. I wrinkled my nose and knit my eyebrows together, my poor ears.

We parked and hurried into the closest store. Carter was determined to get an entire new wardrobe, she did this every few weeks or so. I only got new clothes for special occasions, because even if my dad was an attorney, I didn't like to waste money.

The first store we walked into was Bath and Body works. I ran over to the candle section. I burn candles so fast. The cost of all the candles I have used up in the last week must've cost me at least 40 dollars.

Carter followed me to the candle section and stared smelling the candles. She picked up a few, only to set them back down right away. Turning her head in disgust.

Courtney walked over with a huge shopping bag full. Carter and Courtney started talking while I went up to pay for a few candles.

When we left the store we walked in and out of a few shops. I bought a few shirts and some cute shoes before we walked to the food court.

"You guys done anything new this summer?" I asked, looking between Carter and Courtney.

"I started hanging out with this new guy" Carter admitted. I wasn't surprised though, she was so pretty bad social that she was always seeing someone new.

"That's cool, what's his name?" I tried my best to sound interested. She is one of my best friends and I love her to death. But being up and on my feet has been making my head go fuzzy again.

"His names Jack, He goes to school a few towns over." Carter answered stuffing her face with French fries.

"How about you," Courtney cut in. "Seeing anyone?"

"Ha ha. That's really funny," I answered truthfully. It's actually rather sad...

Shaking my head I asked if they wanted to do anymore shopping. They of course wanted to shop forever. I ended up buying a few more shirts, and a pair of sunglasses.

"Guys!!" Carter yelled, causing a few people to look over at us.

"Yes?" Courtney asked looking at Carter.

"Let's get our belly buttons pierced!" Carter said excitedly.

"I'm okay actually," I started. Carter
looked at me with her eye brows furrowed together.