4. Guess who's a millionaire?

• Mackenzie •
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I stand near the doorway outside my house. The entire family is waiting for Trevor to get home. I'm wearing my sweatpants and hoodie as I stare at the empty street, my expression disgruntled. Why? Because mom and Jessie had been trying to drag me out of bed for about ten to twenty minutes. When I finally got up, admitting defeat, I silently cussed and made my way to the bathroom to look presentable -- well, as presentable as I can be on a perfect-for-sleep Saturday morning.

"We've been out here for ten minutes," I point out. "And he's still not here."

"You know Trevor," Mike mutters. "Always tryna be fashionably late."

"Still don't get why we're waiting outside though," I mumble through gritted teeth.

My mom tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and pinches my cheeks together, making me look like a fish.

"Smile, sweetheart," she says.

I fake a grin as she rolls her eyes at my action and turns back to the street.

"Trevor said he has a surprise for us," dad says.

"Probably another A," I mumble.

Just then, a red mustang speeds by and comes to an abrupt halt in front of us. I arch an eyebrow as I look at mom and dad from the corner of my eye. I don't remember anyone getting Trevor a car like that. Nevertheless, he climbs out of it, looking as giddy and excited as a twelve year old boy who'd hust experienced his first boner and rushes towards his parents.

"Momma!" He hugs her tightly.

"Trevor," she says, trying but failing to hide the confusion that laced her voice.

"Hey, dad," Trevor continues greeting everyone obliviously.

"Trev," I utter. "What's with the new ride?"

"Yeah," Jessie agrees. "Did you rob a bank or something?"

Trevor laughs, shaking his head. "No."

"Well..." Mom hesitates. "Is this the surprise?"

"No," he repeats.

Everyone stares at him, feeling puzzled.

"I think I speak for everyone," Mike says, "when I say: what?"

"How long has he been gone?" Dad asks himself frowning at the ground.

"Aight, aight, y'all need an explanation apparently," Trevor nods. "I'll explain while we all sit down and have some breakfast inside." He turns to the car. "Felicity, baby!"

"Yeah, yeah, we get it, you're happy," I wave him away.

Trevor frowns at me before walking over to his brand new mustang and opening the door for the passenger's seat. My face goes slack as a dark-skinned, black haired beauty walks out.

"Oh," Mike breathes. "I'm guessing that's the surprise."

"All in favor for more surprises like this, put yo hands up," Jessie says, raising his hand. Mom smacks him on the head and scowls at him. "Ow. Right. Sorry."

"Felicity, this is my family," Trevor announces, gesturing to us. "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Felicity."

"Is she a model or what?" Jessie asks.

"Jess, get your nasty little ass back in the house," mom snaps.

Jessie's cheeks redden. "Why you gotta be like that?" He glances at Felicity one last time before obeying and heading to the front door.