5. You repulsive imbecile!

Mackenzie
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jessie wanted a challenge, I'm giving him one.

It's Monday and I've already managed to think as much as I could to rack my brain and come up with an exceptionally unique prank to blow Chase off his feet. Literally.

Everyone arrives to school at 7:30, but Chase is an I'm the popular kid sorta guy who'd definitely get to East Adams High before class starts in a few minutes. Luckily, that's when the hallways are at their fullest which helps make everything fall perfectly into plan.

It's 7:55 and I have approximately five minutes before class starts. I stand in front of the school's large double doors and keep my eyes open for a stuck up, tan, green-eyed boy whose life depends solely on the attention he feeds on. When I find him, I stifle a grin. I have a smoke-stink bomb in one hand and a flask filled with oil in the other. If I've calculated this properly in terms of the way he's supposedly headed and the exact timing I have to abide by to initiate my move, then this is going to land me in detention for a month alongside my dumb ass brother.

Chase is walking alongside his girlfriend. A few seconds before he reaches the first block of lockers straight ahead of him, I slyly slip the stink-bomb into his back-pack which remains slung across his left shoulder. As expected, a few seconds pass until a smell expels accompanied with thick rings of smoke.

"Chase, what the fuck?" Avianna utters disgustedly, glancing at the source of the smell and the smoke in his back-pack.

Chase proceeds to walk but reciprocates his girlfriend's action all the same, which leaves me with just the perfect split second to spill the oil from the flask right in front of him. At that, Chase abruptly breaks into a jog and slips forward, only to end up slamming his forehead onto a random locker where a balloon filled with food-colouring was taped, but now left stains on his pretty face whilst he slams onto his back on the ground.

"Oh my God! Chase!" Avianna screeches, evidently unharmed.

The entire hallway bursts into a fit of laughter at what had just happened as I join into the chorus and knock myself out, chuckling at the sight of Chase struggling to pick himself up in the mess of mixed oil, food-colouring and faint smoke. Even from some five metres away from him, I can clearly see him grimace at the smell of rotten eggs from the stink-bomb.

For a moment, it doesn't look like Chase is as concerned as he should be over the current event. But suddenly, I notice his cheeks beginning to tinge red, his jaw clenching as Avianna and a few of his friends help him up.

"Arghhh! JACKSON!" he bellows, my surname angrily as I make a face and disappear from the hall, but not before he sees me.

I scatter like a cockroach, hastily heading a minute early to class before Chase gets to me, having prepared myself ahead of time and held my bag against my back, filled with my maths and history copybooks.

The hallway starts to empty up and I find that I barely have a few seconds before class begins. I think that I just might be able to make it unscathed until the bell rings and—

"You repulsive imbecile!" someone snarls from behind me. I get pushed against the wall, causing my backpack to slip off my arm and to the ground.

"So I've been told many, many times before," I agree nonchalantly, wanting more than ever not to appear intimidated—which I didn't. I was just a little jumpy. Promise.

"You think this is a fucking joke?" Chase demands.

I focus on his face. A splatter of green stains his forehead, nose, and the top of his lip, extending towards the apples of his cheeks, embellished with a few drops of shiny oil sprayed across his temples and the tip of his nose. It looks like... what do you guys call em again? That shiny thing you use to shine..? Right! Highlight, that.