Managing Boys (21)

“Hey, you’re here!”

Sawyer jogged up to me, but my face was hard. We were backstage at another one of their secret concerts, and he had called me and told me that I needed to come. As much as I didn’t want to, I knew it would be the best if I did.

“The only reason I’m here is because I have to talk to you about something,” I nearly snapped, and Sawyer only blinked in confusion at me.

He took a step away from me, as if sensing my fury. “What is it, Aria?”

“Why the hell did you ask Zoey out?” I nearly shouted, but stopped myself because I didn’t want anyone else to hear. “You told me you liked Mae, but you asked Zoey out instead. What’s wrong with you?”

“You said that I was her favorite member,” he shrugged now, and I wanted to strangle him. “She’s really cute, so I thought I’d ask her out. Maybe she could help me get over Mae and then I could really like her. She seems like a nice enough girl.”

I just didn’t understand these boys. They were so used to getting what they wanted, so when they finally didn’t get it, they settled for the next best thing, not even caring who they had to go through. When were they going to realize that that wasn’t how real life worked?

I knew that there wasn’t much I could do. The damage had been done, and it wasn’t like he could just tell Zoey that he didn’t want to go out with her anymore after only a few days. That would be even more unfair to her.

“Look who’s here!” a new voice now laughed, and someone’s arm was suddenly being wrapped around my neck. I turned to see that it was Ben, both Ash and Grim behind him. “I was afraid that you weren’t going to show up, Aria!”

“So is there any particular reason you called me and said it was important that I come here immediately?” I questioned them now, wanting nothing more than to just go home as I shrugged out of Ben’s grasp. I could only handle these boys so much each day and I was getting to my breaking point now.

“We need you to sing,” Grim answered me with a shrug.

I just stared at them. “What?”

“We need you to sing,” he repeated now.

“But… but Ash is perfectly fine!” I looked at the lead singer in shock. He wasn’t sick like last time; he was perfectly healthy! Why was I needed? “I’m not going out there again when he can sing!”

Grim rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. “You don’t pay attention to any of the media, do you?”

I blinked at him. “No. Why should I?”

Ever since I had gotten involved with these four boys, I had ignored every media site out there. I didn’t read magazines or articles online, and I definitely stayed away from things like Twitter or Tumblr. The last thing I wanted was to see anything that had to do with me on those websites.

“Well, if you paid any attention to the media, you would know that people love you,” Ash explained, but I didn't really believe him. Why would people love me just because I sang once? “You were so good the last time that people want to see you sing even more. Some people even want you to be an official member of Hello Aria.”

I only stared at him. He couldn’t have been serious. Me… a member of Hello Aria? That could never happen. The band was all boys, and that was one of the main reasons why they were so popular! And I had no idea what it was like to be famous or popular at all… And anyway, before the last time, I had only ever been up on stage once before, and I had hated every second of it. Now people actually wanted me to sing?