Happy Meetings & Hospitals

CHAPTER FOUR

Happy Meetings & Hospitals

Thank you Elly for coming up with the most interesting meeting for Becky and Charles.

Thank you Becky, Fahmida, and Desiree for marrying the guys at a moment's notice ;)

Thank you Becky for being an incredible beta. I am dedicating this chapter to all of you!! You are an amazing group of girls!! <3 you!!

Kota's POV:

It was nice knowing my dear friends were coming in. Charles, Jihoon, Christopher, Raven, and I shared a close bond due the events from fifteen years ago. Having them here made me feel whole again. Not that my family didn't do the same, but there was just something different shared between us.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Phoenix was signing to me. "Will Aiden be coming with them?"

I signed a quick "Yes," back to him. He smiled happily as we continued driving. If he was happy now, he was going to be super excited with the news he was about to hear once we reached the Sergeant Jasper.

Aiden was the oldest child in the Jacobs clan. Christopher and Desiree Jacobs. He and Desiree had met not long after we came home from the war. They had met during training. She had been in the same training group. Poor Christopher, always the perfect gentleman. He refused to let anyone else pass him, but Desiree. Once they had both reached the top of the rope wall, he asked her out...in front of everyone, then she pushed him off of the wall. They have two children now, Aiden, age fourteen, and Katherine, who was eight.

Charles and Becky had a more interesting meeting. Everyone had returned home to Louisville. Charles had been taking a walk through Cherokee Park and had heard someone screaming. He had told us many times over that he had looked up, and seen a skydiver coming in hot. Well he had taken off after the person who seemed to have crashed in the woods. When he arrived, he said the most beautiful angel had fallen from the sky. However, she had claws and wanted down... now. Once cut down, she had tried to walk off. He had followed her. They had walked for hours. Finally she turned around and told him, "Either you tell me a way out of this dang place, or you need to at least buy me dinner." So Charles did both. They now have a twelve year old son named Ricci, who not only seems to share his father's eidetic memory, but also his mother's wit and humor...even the ill temper she lets out at times.

I didn't know this at the time, but apparently when we had set up the ninja games, Jihoon had ran through club Mynt, stopping on the large green chair inside. He told us later that a real cute girl had write her phone number on his arm. He kept that phone number, eventually got up the nerve to call her before he left Charleston. He found out her name was Fahmida. They were a perfect match. Fifteen years and three children later, they are still going strong.

All three of the guys had wanted to join the Academy. Charles and Jihoon had already known each other, when they met Christopher, it was like the brother they had never known. The guys were already our extended family, their wives just added to the love, and the children? There wasn't any asking.

I pulled into the Sergeant Jasper and glanced at my sleeping son. He looked so much like Gabriel. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Breathe out. Okay. I tapped Phoenix on the arm.

He started signing, even with his eyes closed, "I'm awake." With that, he stretched and yawned. Once his eyes were opened, he saw that Alyosha was here waiting with his uncles, aunts, and cousins. I was quickly forgotten as he jumped out of the car.

Phoenix ran and jumped into his Uncle Charles's waiting arms, who swung him around in a circle before setting him down. His other two uncles did the same, and he gave each of his aunts and youngest cousins a light hug and kiss. Then Alyosha, Aiden, Ricci, and he were high fiving and talking and signing a mile a minute.