Chapter 2

"Happy birthday you capitalist pig."

Ivan laughs as America lifts his head. He had overheard his sisters talking about the young nation's birthday and he couldn't resist. He spent two days making the cake but it was worth it for what he had planned. America was always fun to play and joke with, so willing to be close and always bounces back with a come back. That's what Ivan liked about him. Now Ivan didn't mean to be late for the meeting but he had to finish the cake.

While at the meeting Ivan kept a close eye on America. He could see him slowly grow bored and that means that England would soon ask for the meeting to end. No matter how England acted everyone could tell that he cared deeply for his family and that included Canada and France. Ivan looks back at America and sees him start to fidget around. As if on cue England stands up and asks for the meeting to end. As usual Germany tries to argue and Italy calms him down and they leave. Ivan gets up to head over to America but is stopped by Prussia and China.

Ivan sighs as the two leave, he was never one for a conversation and that was a thirty minute one. He suspects that America has left but is surprised to see him standing there. "Amerika." Ivan likes the blush that spreads across his face whenever they talk but he can never figure out why it shows up. He calls America over and shows him the cake saying that he had heard that it was his birthday. Ivan smiled as he opens the box. America had no idea what was about to happen and Ivan was so excited. As America begins to speak Ivan slams his face into the cake. "Happy birthday you capitalist pig." As Ivan laughs he prepares for the come back., but it never comes. Ivan stops laughing and looks at America and freezes. He had never seen that face on America before and it confused him. Before Ivan could say anything America ran from the room crying. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Ivan turns to be hit in the face by Canada. "What did I do wrong?" Canada hits Ivan again as England and France run to hold him back. "Alfred was always nice to you you jerk!" Ivan steps back from the flailing nation. "I didn't mean to. I don't know what I did wrong." He then looks down at the cake and sees the shards of glass and blood in it. "I did that?" "Yes you did you communist bastard!" "But I didn't mean to." Canada takes another swing at Ivan. "I swear I'm going to kill you." Ivan steps back again. "Please stop. I can fix this. Just please stop." Canada takes deep breaths as he glares at Ivan. "If you don't fix this I will hunt you down and tear your throat out." Ivan nods as he quickly runs from the room.

Ivan keeps his eyes on the ground as he searches. There is a trail of blood and it hurts something inside that he knows that it belongs to America. After a couple minutes he hears heavy sobbing. Ivan follows it and comes to the lobby of the building to see America leaning against the side of a couch. He's about to run over to him when America pulls out a journal and begins to write. Ivan watches as he writes and ignores the drops of frosting, blood, and tears. After a few minutes America stops writing and begins to sob again. Ivan frowns and steps forward. "Amerika." He jumps up and backs away from Ivan. "Y-you stay away from me." Ivan gives a confused look and steps closer. "I SAID STAY AWAY!" Ivan stops and looks at him. America looks terrified and ohe doesn't like that. Ivan starts to walk forward and America runs. "Amerika come back." He ignores Ivan and runs outside. Before Ivan reaches the door he hears a loud screech and a thud. Ivan freezes as he runs through the front door. America is lying in the middle of the road with a car stopped in front of him that has a dent in the hood. "NO!" Ivan quickly runs to his side and falls to the ground. America has blood coming from his mouth and everywhere else, his body lays broken and twisted and he's unconscious. "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" When he doesn't see anyone Ivan picks America up and starts to run. 'If I can get to the hospital he'll wake up he has to.' Ivan holds America close as he runs.

As Ivan runs into the hospital America is instantly taken from him. He tries to stay with him but is pushed away by doctors and nurses as America is rushed into surgery. Ivan stands there as he watches America being taken away. 'This is all my fault.'

A/N: Got to be honest I teared up a little as I was writing this. I hope you all enjoy it. >^-^<