Chapter 5

6 months later

Ivan walks into the hospital room and frowns to see Alfred is still in his coma. "I brought a new book today Fredka." He pulls up a chair and sits next to the bed. "It's a book that your country made called Beyonders: A World Without Heroes. Canada said you would like it after he punched me in the face." Ivan gives a small laugh and rubs his black eye. "Should we try to finish it today or would you like to split it into fourths so it lasts the week and we can watch your favorite show on Friday?" Ivan sighs when there still is no answer. "You know I never knew you were the younger twin. I always thought you were older because you became a country before Canada but he was actually settled first so he was born first." Still nothing. "I guess I'll start reading now." Ivan opens the book and begins to read to Alfred.

~

3 weeks later

"France has decided to teach me how to cook Fredka so I can make you food when you wake up. England actually wanted to teach me but France hit him with a spoon until he left the kitchen. It was actually really funny." Nothing. "I got another black eye today from your brother but I think you'll like the book that I got with it. I think it's called Erigon. I didn't get to look at the name yet but the picture I saw when he through the book at me was a dragon so I believe you'll like it." Ivan sighs and opens up the book. "Please wake up Fredka."

~

2 months later

Ivan walks in with bouquet of forget me nots and puts them on the table next to Alfred's head. "I got you your favorite flower Fredka. I hope you like them." Alfred stays still. "I can't stay today or come for the next week. There's a world meeting in Australia and he's also celebrating his birthday. I'll try to bring you a piece of cake. I know you like parties and I wish you could be there." Ivan kisses Alfred's forehead and leaves.

~

1 year later

"I'm starting to run out of books Fredka. But I'll write them myself for you if I have to." Alfred just lays there. "I really wish you would wake up. You probably don't believe me but everyone misses you. Especially me."

~

3 months later: July 4th, 2017

"I found a new book Fredka. It's called the False Prince. I didn't even have to ask Canada for it. I found it on my own." Ivan sits next to the bed and opens the book. "It's not long but I was told that it was really good. We can probably finish it today. I also found a new show that I think you'll like. If we finish the book early today we can start it. It's called Charmed. I know its considered old, but I really think you'll like it." Ivan begins to read as Alfred's fingers twitch.

~

4 hours later

Alfred wakes up and tries to sit up but is held back by wires and and tubes. "What happened?" He looks around and sees the tv in the corner of the room is playing the tv show Charmed. "Fredka?" Alfred freezes and turns to see Ivan at the door. "G-get away from me." Ivan runs over to him. "Get away from me!" "Fredka calm down please." "HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!" Ivan puts his hand over Alfred's mouth. "Please Fredka stop." Tears run down Alfred's face. 

"I'm sorry Fredka."