5.

by Cynic_

No no no! This can't happen! God if you're hearing me now, please save me. Please let me stay with Daniel at least for today, Please!

I was desperate. Wanting to stay by Dan's side, I had done the complete opposite and messed up everything.

God you're so stupid!

I was bringing myself down to the point were there was a light of hope slowly but surely drifting further and further away from me.

It really did hurt. The ruble of the cement had scratched me, taking of some of my black paint and leaving a permanent dent in me.

"Okay, Connie, okay! I get what you're saying but what do you want me to do? Keep it in here with the rest of the mess. That fan has got to go," Dan whispered harshly to the Texan girl, hands flying everywhere like his usual flailing self.

I was to numb and to broken to feel hurt about what he said. It was probably Phil who told him to do that. He told him to say all those awful things about little 'old me.

Gosh darn it, I cursed, saying a little prayer to remain holy, even though I was still, nothing but a fan, broken by his owner.

"Well doesn't seem like you have a choice, now do ya?" Connie replied saucily, earning a heated glare from Dan.

Just then, the idiot himself, (Phil, eww) walked into the room, yawning.

He should choke on the air next time.

"Hey Dan, hey Connie," he muttered sleepily. Ew.

"Hi." Dan was still glaring, but now it was point straight at me. I knew why anyways so I wasn't going to feel sad.

"You still getting rid of the fan? That things crustier than my plant pots," he murmured and a surge of emotion flooded through my body like a tidal wave.

"Phil, no one wants to hear about your bloody house plant fetish, okay? That ****ing fan is still in this apartment and I want it out!" Dan was frustratingly tugging at his hair now, something other than my irresponsible actions upsetting him.

If I could frown, I really would.

The sun was setting, and a residue of pink slathered itself across the skyline, making it more beautiful than it was before.

Not more than Dan, though.

"What? Connie, that fan is trash! Why is it still in here?!" Phil complained, whining like the little baby he was.

If I could scoff, I would also do that.

Heck, I would do anything to keep Phil away from Dan.

But I couldn't.

I was a flipping fan.

A ceiling one at that, doesn't do much more than a standing fan does.

"Okay, you know what? Forget about the fan. Forget about the mess. Let's go to my room and you can help me edit my video, alright? Now turn that frown, upside down," Phil mused, touching Dan's face and pulling up the corners of his mouth into a grimacing smile that soon turned into a hearty chuckle.

"Alright, okay. Let's go. This mess'll stay til latest Monday, but after that it's gone."

Today was Wednesday.

I had five days to prove myself to Dan.

Five days to get rid of that wanton devil man, Phil.

Five days to be happy again.