Chapter 1

Marcel's POV

I woke up extra early than normal ready and rearing for the first week back after the Christmas half term. I got my usual clothes out and put them on; I sorted my hair out, my curls showing so I had to get rid of them. I looked into the mirror and sighed well, time to face the bullies again and the gorgeous Zayn Malik I shook the thoughts of my bully out of my head and went downstairs "hey honey" my mother said as I walked into the kitchen picking up a piece of toast with jam and taking a bite out of it "morning mum" I smiled as I finished the mouthful.

"Ready for you first day back?" No "yes I am, thanks, I am actually really looking forward to it!" liar. "That’s good to hear" she smiled. I heard the bus beep outside; I picked my bag up and walked to the bus. As my house is the first stop I get the first pick of the seats. Well, the 4 boys who seem to loathe me sit at the back and I have no place near the middle I sat right at the front and shoved my headphones in and looked out the window and sighed. We soon stopped outside Zayn's house and he walked on the bus and pulling out one of my headphones "hello fag" he spat at me and I completely ignored him.

He let out a deep chuckled before sitting beside me. "So Marcel, how was your Christmas?" he suddenly asked "it was okay" I simply replied "how was yours?" I decided to ask not expecting an answer from the guy who bullied me yet I had one of the biggest crushes on him! "Yeah it was okay" he sighed as a tear fell down his cheek "Zayn, are... are you alright?" I asked he just looked at me, half scowling half smiling, I could see he was contemplating whether to hit me or tell his story. I soon found out, a fist came into contact with my stomach and he walked to the back. So much for him changing then I looked back out the window and everyone piled on the bus.

I looked up to see a new face and he looked around my age and he had sat beside me "hello, my names Olly" he said stretching out his hand "Marcel" I smiled returning the handshake "I'm guessing you’re new?" I smiled again; I think I've finally got a friend! "Yeah transferred from Notley High School in Essex and I'm going to TopHill" he smiled. His teeth were flawless, wait TopHill, that’s the same as me! "TopHill? That’s where I go!" I smiled "cool! Mind if I hang out with you?" He asked smiling "course! But you need to know I get bullied by that lot at the back for being openly gay" I say and going into a whisper at the end "I don’t care if your gay! No one should be judged on their sexuality, I'm bi and I was the most popular in my last school!" He stated "yeah well you don’t wear glasses and dress like someone from the 1940's!" I joked and we started laughing "you know Marcel; I think that we are going to get along!" Olly said between laughs.

We walked into school and to the front office "hi Mr. Styles" I smiled to the head teacher, who happens to be my Uncle! "Marcel! How are you today? Has Zayn and his posy bothered you at all?" he asked "nope" I lied popping the 'p' "and you must be Oliver Murs" he gestured to Olly who cringed "sir it's Olly, I hate being called Oliver by everyone but my parents!" he stated "yes my mistake sorry Olly! You may as well know this one detail, I'm Marcel's uncle on his father's side so I want you to look after him please, he has a lot of trouble based on his sexuality" my uncle said to Olly "course I will sir! I may get a bit of bother about the fact I'm bi so I'll stick up for him!" Olly said sending a smile over to me. "Right okay, Olly you have the same lessons as Marcel so I guess Marcel you can show him around!" Sir stated and I nodded.

We walked to Science and sat at the back “Marcel I am not very good at Biology!” Olly whispered to me “Olly, Olly, Olly there is one big advantage with being friends with the smartest person in high school!” I joked and he gave me a thankful smile “look everyone! The fags got himself a boyfriend” Zayn called “look, guys seems as though the prick is being a pussy and taking the mick out of others because he hasn’t got a life and can’t find anything better to do!” Olly returned the insult to Zayn and the class stayed silent and watched Zayn as he slumped into his chair defeated.

“No one has ever done that for me before, thanks Olly” I smiled “hey no problems” he smiled back “best friends stick up for each other!” Olly continued. I nearly choked on the mouthful of water I had from my water bottle “did you just call me your best friend?” I asked in disbelief “Marcel, your acting like I’m your first ever friend!” Olly chuckled and I just looked to the table “oh, I am your first friend” he sighed “well, I’m glad to be the first” he smiled making me smile too.

During the lesson Zayn kept walking over to us and saying things which each time earned him either a “fuck off”, “get lost bastard”, “go find a corner and have a gang bang” or “go fuck yourself” from Olly. Each remark I had to stop myself from laughing at Zayn’s face. He’s never had anyone stand up to him.

When the bell went we went to second lesson, English. “Here we go” Olly groaned as Zayn sat behind us and put his feet on the table “fag, Olly” he greeted us “what do you want?” I snapped shocked at my sudden burst of courage. This also sent Zayn into shock “whoa the pups grown up!” Zayn smirked “shut your fucking mouth and leave me alone!” I shouted making the class gasp.

I had sworn for the first time. I turned around and  ignored Zayn for the rest of the lesson no matter how many times he attempted to get my attention. The lesson went pretty quick and Zayn didn’t bother with me or Olly for the rest of the day.

“Where d’you live?” Olly asked me “Stanley Road” I replied to him “so do I! I find it kind of creepy though!” he said as we turned around the corner going past Zayn’s gang on the side of the road “why do you find it creepy?” I asked “my middle name is Stanley. My full name is Oliver Stanley Murs and I live on Stanley road!”

He chuckled and I laughed “I would find it creepy if I lived on a road that’s my middle name! Imagine that! I, Marcel, living on a road called Edward Road!” I chuckled “so your full name is Marcel Edward Styles?” he asked and I nodded “cool!”

We walked on talking about anything and everything “well here’s my house” I said turning to see my mum’s car not there “I live next door to you!” Olly exclaimed as his mum opened the door “Oliver, come on Molly needs to be walked!” his mum called “you have a dog?” I asked “yeah Jack Russell, wanna come on the walk with me?” I nodded “okay be ready in half an hour” he stated and I nodded again.

I walked into my house and went upstairs. I looked into my wardrobe and saw a pair of black converse some black skinnies, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket that was given to me. I looked at it, and pushed it away and put on a golf jumper and cream trousers. I put my school shoes on again and walked into the lounge, because it faces the front I could see when Olly was there. 10-15 mins later I saw Olly and he saw me and waved. I ran out the door and walked up to him “where is a good place to take Molly for a walk?” he asked me.

“Through the woods, there’s a path” I smiled “I’ll drive there if you want” I carried on and Olly nodded. I opened the garage to reveal my black Audi R8 V10 “bloody hell Marcel!” Olly exclaimed “what? My parents have a bit of money, so what?” I shrugged “you’ve got a bloody R8 V10! It’s one of the most amazing cars I’ve ever seen!” he said as he walked around it. I opened the door and got my keys before closing it again “get in, you can have eye-sex another day!” I joked as we climbed in. I drove off down the road towards the forest. I parked up and locked the car. We walked in silence but it was comfortable. I felt like I finally had a friend. One I could trust!