Born Of Fire Chapter 26

Hey everyone. I got 28 votes on the last chapter! Thank you all so much!!! As promised, here is a new chapter, which probably isn't suitable for kids. Now of course, a few kids are gonna read it anyway, so this is my disclaimer. If you are under 18 years old, do not read! Now that I am legally covered I can say this. You guys really surprised me with all your votezs and comments, so I have a new challenge for you.

For an upload in seven days, 15 votes.

For an upload in three days, 25 votes.

For an upload in 24 hours, 35 votes.

That being said, enjoy!

Phoenix watched Tavius’ back disappear through the thick wooden door, then caught the innkeepers eye, and waved him over. The man limped over, his left leg trailing behind him as though it were weighted.

To the table he came, resting his hairy arms on the rough surface. “Tavius putting you up here?”

Phoenix nodded. “It seems that way sir. Do you have room for us?”

The man scoffed. “Don’t get much business anymore since these attacks. People don’t want to be caught on the roads with murderers running all over the land.”

He pulled out a chair, and sat heavily, dabbing the sweat on his forehead with a dirty rag he pulled from his pocket. He stretched out his hand, and Phoenix gripped his forearm firmly. “Names Pilor. My daughter and I run this place.”

The four introduced themselves one at a time, then Pilor sat back, eying each of them.  “What brings you to Darval?”

Phoenix pointed at Lindani and Spedro. “These two were kidnapped from their village, and made to travel with a contingent of Demetruis’ army. When the same contingent attacked our home,” he gestured to Ember and himself, “we killed the attackers, and freed them. Now we four travel in hopes of finding and destroying as many of his army that we can.”

Pilor nodded. “I was one of the men sent out to fight against them when they attacked us here. One of them was a Piaslo, and he waved his hands around a bit, then my leg went numb. He almost killed me, but a friend of mine ran him through before he could finish.”

He bent down and knocked on his leg, and a thick sound escaped from beneath his knuckles. “My leg hasn’t been the same since.” He looked at Ember then, and smiled gently. “No offense Miss, but it looks like you ran into one of their Yaagalay.”

Spedro’s fists closed at the same time Phoenix clenched his own, but Ember simply placed her hair behind her ear, smiling sweetly. “A Yaagalo, yes.”

The table fell into silence after that, the tension thick enough to slice with a knife. A moment passed, then Pilor rose. “I’ll have Dorea show you to your rooms.”

Pilor shuffled off toward the kitchen, dragging his leg behind him. He passed through the swinging doors, and Dorea, the barmaid, appeared through them a moment later.

She sauntered to the table, and leaned both of hands down on it, giving Phoenix another view of the mounds of flesh encased within her shirt. Phoenix averted his eyes, Ember giggled, Spedro smiled, and Lindani seethed.