XII. Dudley.

It was two weeks after that the weather began to slightly turn around for the better. Of course it wasn't good because ninety percent of the time there is no such thing as a 'good day' weather wise whenever it comes to any part of England. Today was one of the very rare days in which the weather was better because the snow had finally melted as well as some of the ice off the streets, but there were still horrific amounts of rain which seemed to be a never ending waterfall. It was a good thing that Dudley and Felicity both lived on a hill so therefore they were not subjected to the Fulham main street's current mild flood problem.

It doesn't really surprise him though, this happened almost every year in a lot of places. The majority of the population is prepared for it at all times. It really is no wonder that a lot of people say there is only one season in the country- that season being the rainy season. It was a bit of a juvenile way to put it but it was also the only way to put it.

Felicity had already left for the day since she had appointments that needed to be seen to, so it was only Dudley in the house. The night before there was a mass power cut so there really was no use in him going into work today since there was still electricians working to ensure that electrical equipment would be safe to use in this seemingly never ending torrent of water which was falling from the sky. It wasn't even that annoying drizzle that soaks a person through directly to the bone, it was borderline hailstones and it was actually a bit painful. At least it wasn't actually hailstones though because those things were nasty.

Since all of his paperwork and emails had been sorted out already, he didn't have much to do at all. Felicity was not due to be home for another eight hours and he knew he would need to occupy himself. First he began by organising his office because it was a huge mess- well to Felicity anyway. To Dudley it was organised mess. He knew where everything was so why bother messing it all up? However, since he was bored to extremes he knew he had to do something.

Unfortunately, it only took him a measly twenty minutes to tidy his office and the rest of the housework had already been done. Since there was flood warnings all around the main streets of the London suburb there was no use going into town. It was only then that it struck him that he hadn't spoken to his mum about how the divorce was going. It was the week after the fight that she filed the papers and Vernon kicked up an even bigger storm when she mailed him the papers because she couldn't stand the idea of looking at her husband whom she didn't even know anymore. A horrible feeling set in the twenty-one-year-olds stomach but it wasn't that he didn't care because he did. It's just that he's recently had an awful lot on his plate with repairing his relationship with Harry, trying to gain Ginny's trust and on top of that finishing last minute preparations for his wedding.

All of the important things were solved as in venue, reception, cake and guests. It was just decorations really and since Dudley wasn't the best when it came to organising things in a neat way all that had been left to Felicity. At first she didn't mind because she loved interior design but only ever saw it as a hobby of some sorts and wouldn't pursue it. She'd always wanted to be a dentist but she still kept up all her old hobbies. However, now it was only three weeks until she would be walking down the aisle and the stress of work and preparations was beginning to get to her. Hence why Dudley had asked her to take the weekend off so she could rest because he didn't want her to get agitated since she had a vicious temper when angered enough.

That and the fact that she had a black belt in karate and Dudley didn't really want to see that combination ever in his life.

He quickly checked the trains and sighed in relief at seeing the ones which were heading to the interchange stop he needed to get to were still running despite the horrid weather. He quickly pulled a coat on and braced himself for the imminent drenching the second he stepped out of the door. It's times like this that Dudley wishes he didn't insist on turning the garage into an office because then he wouldn't get soaked to the bone in the short distance.