XXII. Sporting Chance.

It may have only been four little words, but as Harry read that single line his heart rate had picked up immensely and his thoughts began twisting together into a giant knot he was sure would probably never unravel. He thought he was done with all of this, all of the drama that surrounded everything that seemingly always had him or people he cared about at the centre of everything. Unlike a lot of people who were aware of the circumstances that were surrounding certain people, he had decided to not heed the warnings that had been there from the very beginning. He should have realised immediately that Felicity was getting visions and they were not dreams. He should have possibly sent her to see if there could be anything done like when he himself was getting visions during his school years as the world descended into war. He should have taken action the second he learned about Bellatrix Lestrange possessing a horcrux of her own. He should have taken that prophecy seriously and not treated it as something that would happen in time. He should have realised that something was amiss with there being deatheaters who were not recorded officially.

He's always been someone like this, taking blame for things that were out of his control. A lot of people would simply blame this on him simply being a Gryffindor. Normally courage was seen as the best option but this was not always the case. If that hadn't been proven before then it most certainly had been proven now. As soon as he had been handed the newspaper and the magazine he had proceeded to lock himself up into his own office before running his fingers through his insanely messy black hair and tugging slightly on separate strands. Despite it being rather painful, Harry had to do something to keep his mind from going into complete overdrive. He of all people should know now that trouble is never far away if he is somewhat involved. He had gone four years now of having peace surrounding him and even that should have sent warning bells ringing alarmingly at him.

He took a few deep and shaky breaths in an attempt to stop his nerves from getting the best of him. How had nobody ever realised previously that there were people working in the shadows for the other side when they themselves had people doing the same? Logic is something a lot of witches and wizards do not possess as to them it as seen as a muggle topic and therefore nothing they should be worrying about. It made perfect sense now that he thought of it and dread began to sink into him as the feeling of failure took over him. Eventually he managed to lower himself into a chair and he began reading the information that had been released and to see if there was anything that could tell him how they had escaped Azkaban. Deep down though, he knew the answer. There couldn't be any other possible option for it other than the one way he knew had succeeded once previously.

Dementors cannot feed off of animals- only humans. Unregistered animagi were rather common and it was only now a thought struck him. With this thought in mind he read the articles in depth and right then his suspicions were indeed confirmed. Felicity's vision was almost a perfect parallel to the events of the previous night. This meant that Kyra was behind this and the petite blonde was kind enough to draw him a rough sketch of her face so that if he ever came into contact with her he would know her. It wasn't likely because from what he knew was that she was a planner and not a fighter. So she would most likely stay away from the frontlines and would hide in the shadows coming up with numerous battle plans that she was sure would have a fighting chance of her getting what she wanted.

It wasn't a secret what she wanted because there were only two things she clearly did. The first was obviously that pure blooded witches and wizards were to be treated with respect and anyone else was to essentially serve them as if they were royalty. The second was also obvious and if Harry was being completely honest with himself he knew it was very likely- after all it had happened before as well. The memory of a graveyard and seeing a flash of venomous green before seeing Cedric slump to the ground dead. Kyra clearly wanted to revive her old master and if Felicity's vision was as accurate as it has currently proven to be- then Kyra had the horcrux. It was unlikely it wasn't false considering Narcissa's story from when he had asked her about it in person was also a parallel. There are simply too many parallels currently for anything to not be coming to a carefully calculated climax.