(16) get ready to party

howdy! updating hasn't been happen and i'm so very sorry that it has happened. school's been super busy for me per usual!
hope ya'll enjoy! c:
----------------------------—

•month twelve: part 3•

Ashton walked into the house after working at the tattoo parlor, taking off his shoes as he always does before venturing further into the house. He walked into the kitchen to see Calum standing over it with papers scattered around the top.

"What's going on here?" Ashton stepped further to see the word "birthday". His face instantly lit up brightly. "Harley's birthday! OMG I completely forgot!"

Calum laughed at his friend. "Yeah. I want it to be awesome and cute but I'm having a bit a trouble with it..."

Ashton looked at the all the papers scattered around the table, inspecting them carefully. Calum sighed loudly seeming defeated.

"Well, what did you have in mind?" Ashton asked.

"I was thinking that it should be smallish and have only close friends and family. I mean, she's only turning one and I think it should be special."

"I think that sounds like a great idea." Ashton nodded smiling brightly. He walked over to Calum and wrapped his arms around the boy from behind, causing Calum's cheeks to flush.

Calum's skin grew warm under Ashton's touch, his heart racing frantically. He finally closed his eyes and took in the moment of Ashton hugging him, feeling how his arms wrapped around his torso seeming to cling onto Calum for life. Ashton pressed a kiss to Calum's shoulder gently.

"Someone's clingy."

"I just...I missed you." Ashton mumbled into Calum's back with a blush of embarrassment.

Calum only smiled deeply before the baby monitor he had put on the table started making noises. Harley was chanting Daddy and was about to start crying.

"I got her," Calum said before he left the room.

Ashton was left to sigh and look over the party plans Calum had started. He noticed Calum's list of people that he thought he should invite. Most of them were their friends while only there that were family; his mother and Calum's mother and father.

The party was to be there at the flat with ten people. How they were going to fit ten people in this little flat Ashton had no clue but he could see how it could be possible. He turned around to see Calum walking into the kitchen with Harley in his arms.

"Hey are we having a theme?" Ashton asked.

"Not that I know of. It's her first so I guess like first themed...?" Calum questioned himself.

"Okay." Ashton chuckled.
Calum placed Harley in her highchair and sat back down at the table to look over the birthday plans. Ashton sat down next to him looking over that papers again.

"So, who's all coming?"

"Our parents and some of our friends like Michael and Luke and Louis and Harry"-

"I haven't seen Louis and Harry for the longest time!" Ashton cheered.

"Niall and Liam are also coming. Zayn's busy so he can't come."

Ashton made a pouty face.
"Hey at least we're gonna see four out of five." Calum stated.

"True."

Calum quickly wrote down some infomation with his scribbily handwirting from writing too fast.

"When even is the party?"

"Hopefully sometime next week or the week after."

Ashton nodded. "I really can't wait...Our little baby is growing up so fast."

🍼

Ashton walked along pushing the cart down the isle with happiness. Calum had sent him out to get party supplies and Ashton was happy to do the task.

"Streamers, plates, napkins, cake mix- fuck cake mix. I wanna make it from scratch."

He walked around the store grabbing the ingredients for a classic cake, knowing that everyone would like it. After that, he went to the party section and got the rest of what the list contained.

"Hey look!" Ashton said only to himself "They have a cute first birthday candle! Aww."

The candle was a rainbow with the words "baby's first birthday" in black cursive font in the middle. He happily put it in the cart and was on his merry way towards the checkout. Once in line, he waited after the next person was finished then put his items.

The checkout guy quickly checked out Ashton's items and soon, he was on his way home happily jamming to the radio.