(26) moving in

hi guys! i is back from the grave with a new chapter >.<

hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------

•month fifteen: part 2•

Ashton wiped his eyes of the tears that were falling still. He felt so stupid for not being able to get over the fight but he couldn't help it. It was his feelings, his own heart that he put on the line and what did he get?

Rejection.

He sighed and parked the car sitting still trying to calm himself down enough to go inside. He took a big breath then got out, weakly shutting the door and going to get his things.

Michael and Luke were hanging in bed, Luke reading a book while Michael was scrolling through Tumblr. He laughed, getting his boyfriend's attention.

"Look! Look at this!"

Luke leaned over and read the post then laughed. "That's great."

It went silent again for a few minutes before Luke's phone went off the ringtone loud making his jump.

"Who is it?" Michael asked.

Luke picked it up with confusion. "It's Ashton." He answered. "Hello?"

He sat and talked to Ashton for a little while his tone and word choice made Michael anxious.

"Ash it's okay. I'm coming okay? Bye."

Michael looked at him with his eyes wide. "What's wrong? Where is he?"

"He's outside our house. He said that something happened between him and Calum."

"Oh wow."

Michael was in shock. Things never happen between them that he knew. They're best friends and work through everything together. This must've been something major.

Luke left the room, pulling out his phone on the way to the door. He needed to know what happened in Calum's eyes as well as Ashton's.

luke: wtf happened between you and Ashton?

He opened the door to see Ashton there with red eyes, a small smile on his face. "Hi."

Luke didn't speak, only pulled him into a tight hug comforting Ashton with all his might. He knew it was a big deal for in the few months that he knew the pair, they never seemed to fight so greatly.

Ashton pulled away wiping his eyes with his black hoodie sleeve before chuckling softly. "Sorry."

"You're okay. Come in."

Luke grabbed his suitcase beside him and lead him to the living room. Michael was sat waiting for Ashton to come sit down next to him so he could comfort him. Luke looked down at his phone with wide eyes.

calum: it's complicated. He confessed that he loved me

luke: what?!

calum: yeah...

luke: well obviously you said something wrong. he came in crying hard.

calum: i pushed him away. i told him i couldn't handle the stress of both a relationship and harley

calum: i would take it back if i could. god if i could change it all.

Ashton sniffled softly as Michael embraced him lightly.

"What happened?"

Ashton looked at both of them before speaking. "We got into a bad fight. And I..." he took a breath and ran his fingers through his hair. "I confessed that I loved him."

Michael glanced at Luke and for a second, a smirk was on his lips knowing he was gonna get the money from the bet they had going on. Luke rolled his eyes softly at him. He moved closer to Ashton and pulled him into a hug. Michael put his hand on Ashton's shoulder soothingly.

"He got angry with me, said that it couldn't happen." Ashton sniffled. "He said that with Harley and other things that it would add stress and"-

Luke pulled Ashton into a hug for he started crying again just thinking about it.

"Hey now Ash. It's gonna be okay." Michael said with a soft smile.

"That's not even the worse part..." Ashton sat back up and looked at them. Luke and Michael looked back at him confused. "He kissed me."

Their eyes went wide then. "Wait. He kissed you?" Michael asked.

Ashton nodded. "Yeah after I said I loved him, he kissed me. But then he pushed me away and said that it can't happen that he'll get more stressed out.." He took a moment to breathe. "I'd just be another thing that would stress him out..."

luke: he said you guys kissed?

calum: yeah we did. after he confessed, i kissed him.

luke: oh wow okay. well just know that he's with us and that he's safe

calum: thank you luke

luke: you're welcome pal!

Luke and Michael glanced at each other quickly. Michael sat quietly while Luke was shocked. "Well wait. If he kissed you then that means he has to feel something back right?"

"Not exactly. He maybe got caught in the moment."

"I doubt it," Luke replied. "Were you guys like close to each other? Were you implying that you would kiss him?"

Ashton shook his head at both the questions, tears still falling down his cheeks. Luke pulled him back into an embrace. "It's gonna be okay. We're gonna get this figured out okay?"

Luke looked over at Michael who nodded. "We will for sure. We're your best friends and want you guys to be happy."

"Thank you." Ashton mumbled before wiping his eyes.

"You're welcome."

-

"Pay up!" Michael held out his hand for Luke to give him the money. Luke's eyebrows furred confused at first, then he gave him a sassy look.

"Seriously?" Luke pulled out his wallet while rolling his eyes.

"We shook fair and square!"

Luke only rolled his eyes again before giving Michael the money. Michael smiled smugly. "Thank you!"

"Uh huh." Luke shook his head with a small smile. Michael went to go change into his PJs, his back to Luke. Luke went up to his boyfriend and wrapped his long arms around his waist. He buried his face in his back before exhaling intensely.

"Long day?" Michael asked, noticing Luke's tired behavior.

"Not really I just wanted to hug you."

Michael turned around in Luke's arms, putting his arms around his neck with a big smile. He smiled and pecked Luke's lips softly, pulling away.

"I've been texting Calum." Luke said, watching Michael undress.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I told him that Ashton's here and that he's okay."

"Good." Michael nodded and got into bed, Luke following slowly. He yawned softly and curled into Michael's side finding Michael's arm to wrap around him.

"You're so needy." Michael commented.

"Shut up."